|Origin||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Genres||Indie rock, country rock, Comedy rock|
|Labels||Little Oil / Epitaph / Pledge Music|
|Associated acts||The Killers, Tenacious D, Bad Religion.|
|Members||Ronnie Vannucci Jr
Big Talk is an American rock band, formed by The Killers' drummer Ronnie Vannucci Jr , and longtime friend Taylor Milne in 2011. As of 2015 John Spiker, John Konesky and Brooks Wackerman are also members of the band. The band released an eponymous debut album Big Talk (2011) and is set to release sophomore album Straight In No Kissin' (2015).
After touring and releasing albums for nearly nine years, Ronnie Vannucci Jr of The Killers and his bandmates went on hiatus. Shortly, he enlisted the help of a longtime friend and former band member (from Expert on October) Taylor Milne to record a solo album. Matt Sharp and Ted Sablay (formerly of Expert on October) also helped contribute bass parts to the album.
The band's live lineup on their first tour consisted of Ronnie Vannucci on vocals and guitar; Taylor Milne on guitar; Alex Stopa on drums; Tyson Henrie on bass; and John Spiker on keyboards, guitar and background vocals. As of May 25, 2015, live shows in support of the new album consist of band members Ronnie Vanucci on Vocals and guitar; Taylor Milne on guitar and backing vocals; John Spiker on bass, keyboards, and backing vocals; John Konesky on guitar and keyboards; and Brooks Wackerman on Drums.
Big Talk (2011)
Grammy Award-winning producer Joe Chiccarelli (The Strokes, My Morning Jacket, The Shins) worked with the band on their debut album. It was recorded between November 2010 and January 2011 at Battle Born Studios, and was then mixed at London's Assault & Battery by Alan Moulder (U2, The Killers, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins). Former Weezer bassist Matt Sharp and Ted Sablay (who toured with The Killers) also helped out on the album.
The first single, "Getaways", was released on May 10, 2011. Big Talk released its eponymous debut album on July 12, 2011, on Vannucci's own label "Little Oil" in association with Epitaph Records. It first streamed in full via Much Music on July 12, 2011 and then on ABC's Music Lounge on July 13, 2011. NME streamed the album exclusively.
Straight In No Kissin' (2015)
For Big Talk's second album, Vannucci and collaborator John Spiker (of Tenacious D) produced the album in a basement studio Vannucci built. The band line-up now officially includes John Konesky (guitar), John Spiker (bass), and Brooks Wackerman (of Bad Religion, drums)
The first single, "What Happened to Delisa?" was released in June 2015. "Straight In No Kissin'" will be released on July 24, 2015, the album's cover features artwork of the five band members in drag accompanied by Vannucci's pet boxer Archie.
- Ronnie Vannucci Jr. - Lead vocals, rhythm guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, drums, percussion
- Taylor Milne - Lead guitar, backing vocals
- John Spiker - Bass guitar
- John Konesky - guitar
- Brooks Wackerman - Drums, percussion
- Archie Vannucci - Mascot
- Ronnie Vannucci Jr. - Lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Taylor Milne - Lead Guitar, backing vocals
- John Spiker - Bass guitar, Keyboard, guitar, backing vocals.
Former Live Members (2011)
- Big Talk (2011).
- "The Killers’ Ronnie Vannucci launches Big Talk « Consequence of Sound". Consequenceofsound.net. 2011-05-03. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "The Killers' Ronnie Vannucci to Release Solo Album Big Talk :: Music :: News :: Paste". Pastemagazine.com. 2011-05-03. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "Epitaph Records: Big Talk - Big Talk". Epitaph.com. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- Keene, Jarret (2011-07-07). "From Back Beat to Front Man | Vegas Seven". Weeklyseven.com. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "The Killers' Ronnie Vannucci unveils album - Music News". Digital Spy. 2011-05-03. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "The Killers' Ronnie Vannucci Announces Solo Album 'Big Talk'". Gigwise. 2011-05-03. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "Ronnie Vannucci ; The Killers' drummer has made a solo album -". Thekillersfansite.com. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- "The Killers' Ronnie Vannucci Goes Solo". SPIN. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "The Killers' Ronnie Vannucci to release solo album in July | News". Nme.Com. 2011-05-03. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "Listen To Big Talk's New Album 'Big Talk' On". Muchmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "ABC - Music Lounge". Abc.go.com. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "The Killers' Ronnie Vannucci streams new solo album 'Big Talk' online - audio | News". Nme.Com. 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "Epitaph Records: Big Talk To Perform On Jimmy Kimmel Live, Album Premiering Now At ABC.com". Epitaph.com. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "Straight In No Kissin’ Pre-order our new record along with other treasures and experiences. Come join us...won't you?.com". pledgemusic.com. Retrieved 2015-05-26.