Big Tent Revival
|Big Tent Revival|
|Genres||Christian rock, CCM|
|Years active||1991–2000; 2012-|
|Past members||David White
Big Tent Revival is a Christian rock band that formed in 1991, toured extensively, disbanded in 2000, and reformed in 2012. They were featured at the Harvest Crusades. Their most popular songs were "Two Sets of Jones'", "Choose Life", and "What Would Jesus Do?". The first told a story about two different couples in which one trusted in Jesus through the storms of life and the other didn't. The second was used as an invitational at Harvest Crusade altar calls. The last was part of the WWJD movement that encouraged people to consider what Jesus would do in real-life situations.
Steve Wiggins is on staff with Bellevue Baptist Church, as Contemporary Worship Pastor. He also founded and runs the Living Room Study, a Bible study group, using a chapter-a-day approach to learning the bible. It also incorporates weekly music and teaching events in public coffeehouses. Wiggins also writes songs for pastor Greg Laurie, along with Hanz Ives and Bill Batstone.
Spence Smith works for Compassion International in Artist Relations and maintains the blog Spence Smith – Connecting People To Life.
David Alan is Creative Director at Brentwood Baptist and continues to do studio work with Zodlounge Music, a music production studio in Nashville. He also does graphic design work for Music Row Creative.
- Steve Wiggins (1991-2000, 2012–present) – vocals and guitar (has, since the band's breakup, produced at least one solo album)
- Spence Smith (1991-2000, 2012–present) – drums
- Randy Williams (1996-2000, 2012–present) – lead guitar
- David Alan (1997-2000, 2012–present) – keyboards
- Steve Dale (1999-2000, 2012–present) – bass guitar
- David White (1993–94) – bass guitar
- Mike Foster (1994–95) – bass guitar
- Brent Milligan (1995–96) – bass guitar
- Rick Heil (1996–98) – bass guitar
- Each of BTR's albums has been nominated for a Grammy Award. The band has also been nominated for several Dove Awards.
- Big Tent Revival (1995)
- Open All Nite (1996)
- Amplifier (1998)
- Choose Life (1999)
- Big Tent Revival Live (2001)
- Greatest Hits (2002)
- The Way Back Home (2012)
- DiBiase, John (April 10, 2007). "An Evening with Jeremy Camp and Band Live Unplugged, with special guest Mainstay". Archived from the original on January 16, 2010. Retrieved December 5, 2009.
- Laurie, Greg. "Harvest Online – Praiseworthy". Archived from the original on April 11, 2010. Retrieved December 5, 2009.
- Smith, Spence. "Spence Smith — About". Archived from the original on January 6, 2010. Retrieved December 5, 2009.
- "Big Tent Revival, "The Way Back Home" Review". Jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved October 18, 2012.
- "Big Tent Revival is BACK and headed into the studio! by Big Tent Revival — Kickstarter". Kickstarter.com. March 21, 2012. Retrieved October 18, 2012.