Big Tent Revival
Big Tent Revival
|Genres||Christian rock, CCM|
|Years active||1991–2000; 2012–present|
|Past members||David White|
Big Tent Revival is a Christian rock band formed in Memphis, Tennessee, in 1991 by Steve Wiggins. They were signed to Ardent Records who had a distribution deal with Forefront Records. They disbanded in 2000 after having released five albums, had two releases after disbanding, and reformed in 2012 after as successful crowdfunding campaign for a new album. They are best known for their songs "Two Sets of Jones", "Choose Life", and "What Would Jesus Do?" and were featured at the Harvest Crusades.
Wiggins released two additional solo albums after the group disbanded: Faith That Is Real (2002, Ardent/Chordant) and Aliyah (2010). He was also featured on six tracks of the 2007 Harvest Worship Band Release 'Praise Worthy' and four tracks of the 2010 Harvest Worship Band release, 'Enter In'. Wiggins is on staff with Bellevue Baptist Church, as contemporary worship pastor. He also founded and runs the Living Room Study, a Bible study group, using a chapter-a-day approach to learning the bible that also incorporates weekly music and teaching events in public coffeehouses. Wiggins also writes songs for pastor Greg Laurie, along with Hanz Ives and Bill Batstone.
Spence Smith works for Compassion International in Artist Relations and maintains the blog Spence Smith – Connecting People To Life.
David Alan is creative director at Brentwood Baptist and continues to do studio work with Zodlounge Music, a music production studio in Nashville. He also does graphic design work for Music Row Creative.
- Steve Wiggins (1991-2000, 2012–present) – vocals and guitar (has, since the band's breakup, produced at least one solo album)
- Spence Smith (1991-2000, 2012–present) – drums
- Randy Williams (1996-2000, 2012–present) – lead guitar
- David Alan (1997-2000, 2012–present) – keyboards
- Steve Dale (1999-2000, 2012–present) – bass guitar
- David White (1993–94) – bass guitar
- Mike Foster (1994–95) – bass guitar
- Brent Milligan (1995–96) – bass guitar
- Rick Heil (1996–98) – bass guitar
- With the exception of their 1993 release, each of BTR's albums has been nominated for a Grammy Award. The band has also been nominated for several Dove Awards.
- Steve Wiggins and Big Tent Revival (1993)
- Big Tent Revival (1995)
- Open All Nite (1996)
- Amplifier (1998)
- Choose Life (1999)
- Big Tent Revival Live (2001)
- Greatest Hits (2002)
- The Way Back Home (2012)
- "Steve Wiggins - Album Discography - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Laurie, Greg. "Harvest Online – Praiseworthy". Archived from the original on April 11, 2010. Retrieved December 5, 2009.
- DiBiase, John (April 10, 2007). "An Evening with Jeremy Camp and Band Live Unplugged, with special guest Mainstay". Archived from the original on January 16, 2010. Retrieved December 5, 2009.
- Smith, Spence. "Spence Smith — About". Archived from the original on January 6, 2010. Retrieved December 5, 2009.
- "Big Tent Revival, "The Way Back Home" Review". Jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved October 18, 2012.
- "Big Tent Revival is BACK and headed into the studio! by Big Tent Revival — Kickstarter". Kickstarter.com. March 21, 2012. Retrieved October 18, 2012.