Big Tobacco is the "big five" largest global tobacco industry companies which are Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco, Imperial Brands, Japan Tobacco International, and China Tobacco.
Together they hold more than 60 percent of world market power/share. According to December 2016 report the followings are the top market leaders: Philip Morris International with approximately 30.3%, British American Tobacco with approximately 23.1%, Imperial Brands with approximately 14.4%, Japan Tobacco International with on average has a share of 13.9%, and China Tobacco having 12.8% of total market share. This constitutes 94.5% (approximately) world tobacco market share. While rest share the remaining 5.5%.
- James Lieck (15 January 2014). "Where There’s Smoke… The 5 Richest Tobacco Companies". TheRichest.com.
- Big Tobacco Manufacturers
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Doward, Jamie (11 October 2015). "Revealed: how 'big tobacco' used EU rules to win health delay". The Observer. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|