Biglick Township, Hancock County, Ohio
|Biglick Township, Hancock County, Ohio|
Scene along U.S. Route 224
Location of Biglick Township in Hancock County.
|• Total||36.0 sq mi (93.3 km2)|
|• Land||36.0 sq mi (93.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||807 ft (246 m)|
|• Density||26.5/sq mi (10.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086240|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Washington Township - north
- Loudon Township, Seneca County - northeast corner
- Big Spring Township, Seneca County - east
- Crawford Township, Wyandot County - southeast corner
- Ridge Township, Wyandot County - south
- Amanda Township - southwest
- Marion Township - west
- Cass Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Biglick Township.
Name and history
The township was named after numerous salt licks that had been present near the center of the township. It is the only Biglick Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Hancock County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.