This colony is called Bihar colony and it was at the time of independence of Pakistan in 1947 onwards, Bihari Muslims migrants from the state of Bihar in India came to the area. In the succeeding years, its demography has substantially changed.
Another town in Karachi bears the same name, located at Bahadur Yar Jang Road.
- Sheikh Maqsood Ahmed, PML-N
- Jan Muhammad, former Union Council Nazim and veteran leader of Jamaat Islami
- Saleem Qureshi, PPP
- Syed Abdul Rasheed, leader of Jamaat Islami District south
- Kamran Raza, President of Pakistan Tehreek Insaf, Lyari Town
- Mohammad Bilal Tahir, social activist and President Youth Forum Lyari
|This Karachi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|