Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation
|बिहार राज्य पर्यटन विकास निगम|
|Headquarters||Beer Chand Patel Path, Patna -800001
|Parent department||Tourism Department, Government of Bihar|
Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation (Hindi: बिहार राज्य पर्यटन विकास निगम), (abbreviated as BRTDC), is a body of the Government of Bihar responsible for development of tourism in the Indian state of Bihar. It was established in 1980 to develop tourism in the state. The BSTDC is head-quartered at Patna and has offices across all the districts of Bihar. The agency also operates hotels, resorts, and tourist rest houses in key locations in the state. The corporation provides travellers with information about Bihar to promote travel to and in the country. It operates Tourist Information Centres as well as a website. The BSTDC disseminates information about transportation, lodging, food and beverage, and sight-seeing.
Tourist Information Centres
BSTDC have several tourist reception centrers in all major cities and tourist centrers, from where conducted tours start and end, in addition to providing complementary information about tourist destinations, maps and guides.
Sonpur Cattle Fair
Swiss cottages are set up by Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation (BSTDC) at the Sonepur Cattle Fair, with facilities of Internet facility, motor boat ride in river Gandak , food at the tourist village and pre-paid taxis from Patna Airport to Sonpur fair.
- BSTDC administration
- Sopam, Reena (1 September 2013). "Due to rupee fall, even moksha to cost more in Gaya!". Hindustan Times. Patna. Archived from the original on 9 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- "Foreign tourists line up for Sonepur fair Swiss cottages".
- "Deputy CM to inaugurate Sonepur fair today".
- "Swiss cottages at Sonepur fair a tourist delight".
- "Swiss cottages to cost more".