Bihar Sharif Junction railway station
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (September 2015)
|Indian Railways Station|
|Location||NH 33 (Old NH82), Bihar sharif, Bihar|
|Elevation||56 metres (184 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||East Central Railway zone|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||East Central Railway zone|
Bihar Sharif Junction railway station, station code BEHS, is a railway station and under Danapur railway division of East Central Railway. Bihar sharif is connected to metropolitan areas of India, by the Delhi-Kolkata Main Line via Mughalsarai-Patna route. Station is located in Bihar Sharif city in Nalanda district in the Indian state of Bihar. Due to its location on the Bakhtiyarpur-Tilaiya line, many trains from Patna and other cities via Bakhtiyarpur junction, and trains coming from Rajgir and Gaya Junction stops here. Bihar Sharif has well connected trains running frequently to New Delhi railway station, Patna Junction, Varanasi Junction railway station, and Howrah Junction railway station. Bihar Sharif is well connected with Gaya Junction, Rajgir railway station, Tilaiya railway station, Bhagalpur railway station, and Kiul Junction through daily passenger and express train services.
A new branch line between Daniyawan railway station and Sheikhpura railway station via Bihar Sharif is underconstruction in which Bihar Sharif-Daniyawan-Fatuha section was partially started in 2015.
Bakhtiyarpur Bihar Light Railway was a 2 ft 6 in (762 mm) wide narrow gauge railway laid by Martin's Light Railways from Bakhtiyarpur to Bihar Sharif in 1903 and extended to Rajgir in 1911. It was taken over by the local district board in 1950, nationalised in 1962 and converted to 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in).
The broad gauge line was extended from Rajgir to Tilaiya and opened in 2010. This line will transport coal from the Koderma-Hazaribagh coal belt for Barh Super Thermal Power Station via Harnaut Station. The line was sanctioned in 2001-02 and is to be extended up to Koderma. Feasibility studies for the electrification of the Manpur-Tilaiya-Kiul sector and Fatuha-Islampur and Bakhtiyarpur-Rajgir sectors were announced in the rail budget for 2010-11 and Bakhtiyarpur-Rajgir section has been electrified in 2016-2017.
There are only two platforms in the Bihar Sharif Junction railway station. The platforms are interconnected with Foot Over Bridge. It has only one foot over bridge.
In February 2012, the Indian Railways had planned to set up a Railway Station Development Corporation (RSDC) that will work on improving the major railway stations including Bihar Sharif railway station by building and developing restaurants, shopping areas and food plazas for commercial business and improving passenger amenities but it still underconstruction in 2018.
- 12391/12392 Shramjeevi Express ,a superfast train,Runs daily between Rajgir and New Delhi Via Patna,Varanasi and Lucknow.
- 14223/14224 Budhpurnima Express,Runs between Rajgir and Varanasi Via Bakhtiyarpur,Patna,Gaya and Dehri on Sone.
- 13233/13234 Rajgriha Express,Runs between Rajgir and Danapur via Patna
- 53043/53044 Rajgir-Howrah Fast Passenger,runs via Bakhtiyarpur, Kiul,Bhagalpur,Sahibganj and Bardhhaman.
- 53209/53219 Rajgir-Fatuha Passenger,runs via Biharsharif and Daniyawan.
- 53229/53230 Rajgir-Danapur Passenger
- 53231/53232 Danapur-Tilaiya Passenger
- 53225/53229 Gaya-Bakhtiyarpur Passenger
- 53221/53222 Rajgir-Bakhtiyarpur Passenger
- 53223/52224 Rajgir-Bakhtiyarpur Passenger
The nearest airports to Bihar Sharif junction are:
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna 87.3 kilometres (54.2 mi)
- Gaya Airport 95.7 kilometres (59.5 mi)
- Bihar Sharif Junction railway station at the India Rail Info
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|