|• Body||Bihpuria Municipality Board|
|• Total||45 square km km2 (Formatting error: invalid input when rounding sq mi)|
|Elevation||102 m (335 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-AS|
Bihpuria is located at  It has an average elevation of 102 m (335 ft). The river Dikrong flowing through Bihpuria. One can reach the river island district Majuli through Bihpuria. There is a road connection to Dhunaguri ghat from where one can reach Majuli..
As of 2001[update] India census, Bihpuria had a population of 10,867. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Bihpuria has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 82% and female literacy of 73%. 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Educational Institutes in Bihpuria
1. Bihpuria College.
2. Lohit Dikrong Higher Secondary School. Estd. 1937.
3. Bihpuria Collegiate Higher Secondary school.
4. Bihpuria Girls High School.
5. Bihpuria M.V. School.
6. Bihpuria 1 No. Town L.P. School. Estd. 1947.
7. Sankardev Sishu Niketan.
8. Bapuji Little Flower School.
9. Bihpuria Jatiyo Bidyaloy.
10. Dikrong Academy.
11. Pragnya Academy.
12. Diksha Academy.
13. Bihpuria Sadar L.P. School.
14. Kawaimari L.P. School.
15. 1 No. Marisa Pathar L.P. School.
16. 2 No. Marisa Pathar L.P. School.
17. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Bihpuria, Lakhimpur.
18. Gosaipothar L.P. School.
19. Bimala Prasad Chaliha Higher Secondary School.
20. Assam Andha Sishu Vidyalay.
21. Bimala Prasad Chaliha L.P. School
22. Bihpuria Udbastu High School. (Bengali Medium)
24.Homora Kachikota Navo jyoti LP School 25. Bihpuria Post Graduate Training School.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bihpuria
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Schools in Bihpuria". Assam. SchoolsWorld.in. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "List of Parliamentary & Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Assam. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 4, 2006. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
|This article about a location in the Indian state of Assam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|