|Alma mater||King's College London|
|Known for||Actor and artist|
Bijan Daneshmand (born 16 August 1958) is an actor and artist based in England.
He was educated in England at Eastbourne College, Sussex, a graduate of King's College London, and trained for acting at the London Centre For Theatre Studies and Philippe Gaulier school, Paris. He has an MA Fine Art from Chelsea College of Arts. Daneshmand's artworks have been exhibited in various shows in London, and he has appeared in a number of films and television productions.
His film acting credits include:
- 2004: 20 Fingers - The Husband, The Man
- 2005: Munich - Kamal Nasser
- 2006: A Snake's Tail - Bijan / Kami / Agha
- 2008: Body of Lies - Amman Clinic Doctor
- 2009: Women Without Men - Abbas
- 2010: Green Zone - Zubaidi's Aide
- 2012: From Tehran to London - Ashkan
- 2016: Under the Shadow - Director
- 2020: Pari - Ahmadi
- 2020: Infidel - Dr. Hossein Tehrani
- 2005: Casualty (BBC1) - Dr. Hamid Guyrat
- 2005: Spooks (USA title: MI5) (BBC1) - Bashir Shalhoob
- 2007: Saddam's Tribe (TV Movie) - Journalist
- 2008: Special Forces Heroes (Channel 5) - Salim
- 2009: The Omid Djalili Show (BBC1)
- 2011: Page Eight (TV Movie) - Cambridge Don
- 2015-2016: Suspects (Channel 5) - Jamal Khan
- 2016: The Night Manager (BBC1 - Netflix) - Kouyami
- 2017: Modus (BBC4) - Mahmoud Muntasir
- 2018: The Looming Tower (Hulu) - Farouq Osman
- 2018: Deep State (Fox - Netflix) - Ali Ardavan
- 2019: Follow the Money (DR Denmark)
- 2019: Traitors (Channel 4 - Netflix) - Abu Selim
As producer and as director
- 2004- Produced and acted in 20 Fingers. This film won the Best Film Digitale at the 2004 Venice Film Festival and Best Film at Barcelona Di, screened at over 30 festivals worldwide.
- 2006- Wrote and directed an experimental feature A Snake's Tail. This film has been selected at a number festivals worldwide including Festival Do Rio, Frankfurt International Film Festival, Lisbon Village D cinema, and was awarded Best International Feature at the Bare Bones International Film Festival in Oklahoma, USA.
Venice Film Festival 2004, 20 Fingers - Winner Best Film Venezia Cinema Digitale, Bijan Daneshmand, Producer.
Bare Bones International Film Festival 2006, A Snake's Tail - Winner Best International Feature, Bijan Daneshmand, Writer and Director.
Bijan Daneshmand has the following radio drama credits:
- Westway - BBC World Service
- April's Fool - BBC World Service
- The Fence - BBC World Service
- Spit - BBC World Service
- The Interview - BBC Radio 4
- Baghdad Burning - BBC Radio 4
- Amazing Grace - BBC Radio 4
- The Boy from Aleppo that Painted the War - BBC Radio 4
- The Weapon - BBC Radio 4
- Dan Dare - B7 Media
- Fall Of The Shah - BBC World Service drama
- Setareh Sabety "Rumi, opium and the beauty of genuine forgiveness", iranian.com, 6 April 2006