Bijpur, North 24 Parganas
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|Elevation||13 m (43 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Barrackpore|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bijpur|
Bijpur is located at  It has an average elevation of 13 metres (43 feet)..
Bhusan Steel, which is setting up a 2 million tonne integrated steel and power plant at Salanpur in Bardhaman district, will set up a cold rolled unit at Bijpur. Covering 100 acres (0.40 km2) of land this project will have a capacity of five lakh tons. It was cleared by West Bengal government on 22 August 2007.
- "Police stations and Mouzas". Barrackpore sub division. Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-23.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bijpur
- "WB cabinet clears industrial projects". Press Trust of India. NDTV profit. Retrieved 2007-08-23.[dead link]
- "More industries in state cleared". The Statesman, 23 August 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-24.