Bijpur, North 24 Parganas
|Nickname(s): Heritage city|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||21 km2 (8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||13 m (43 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Barrackpore|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bijpur|
Bijpur is a city with a police station in Barrackpore subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the state of West Bengal, India.It has a rich heritage. It mainly consists of three towns, namely Kanchrapara, Halisahar, and Hazinagar, the largest being Kanchrapara, with an area of 9.8 sq. km. The town of Kanchrapara, is the most developed among the all three towns. In recent years, the area of Kanchrapara has attracted large business companies, including Sriniketan, Peter England, etc. It has the Kanchrapara Railway Workshop, which was established in 1863, now serving as a department of the Indian Railways. Halisahar is another town lying to the south of Kanchrapara. It ranked first in the category of the cleanest city of West Bengal.This town has the world famous Ramprasad Kalibaari. Hazinagar is a sub-urban area, slightly underdeveloped than Kanchrapara and Halisahar. It has a variety of beautiful scenes to watch. 
Bijpur is located at  It has an average elevation of 13 metres (43 feet)..
Bhusan Steel, which is setting up a 2 million tonne integrated steel and power plant at Salanpur in Bardhaman district, will set up a cold rolled unit at Bijpur. Covering 100 acres (0.40 km2) of land this project will have a capacity of five lakh tons. It was cleared by West Bengal government on 22 August 2007.
North 24 Parganas district has been identified as one of the areas where ground water is affected by arsenic contamination. In Kanchrapara, there are two Nursing Homes: Kanchrapara Polyclinic & Night Angel Nursing Home. Hospitals include Kanchrapara's Shibani Hospital and Halisahar's Naanna Hospital. 
- "Police stations and Mouzas". Barrackpore sub division. Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-23.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bijpur
- "WB cabinet clears industrial projects". Press Trust of India. NDTV profit. Retrieved 2007-08-23.[dead link]
- "More industries in state cleared". The Statesman, 23 August 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-24.