|Founded||San Diego, California, United States (1999 )|
(Founder and CEO)
|Products||Motorcycle parts, apparel, and accessories|
Number of employees
BikeBandit is a motorcycle parts superstore retailer founded in 1999 by Ken Wahlster. The company sells motorcycle parts, apparel, and accessories through an online store.
BikeBandit is an online retailer of motorcycle parts and accessories with product offerings for street motorcycles, cruisers, ATVs and snowmobiles. The company was founded in 1999 by former CEO Ken Wahlster. The company initially operated out of Wahlster’s home and later grew to occupy a 107,000 square foot facility shipping 10,000 items per day with a customer base of approximately 700,000. 
BikeBandit’s headquarters are located in Otay Mesa, a community in the southern section of San Diego, California. In this location the company is eligible for tax credits through zoning regulations realized from the San Diego Regional Enterprise Zone (“SDREZ”) program. According to Inc. Magazine, the company employs a staff of 70 employees with annual revenues of $35M. In 2013, U-T San Diego noted BikeBandit as one of seven San Diego firms ranked among the Top 500 Internet Retailers. ChicagoNow announced that BikeBandit was to release a mobile app for the iPhone in early 2010. BikeBandit was named to the Internet Retailer Top 500 in 2007-2014.
BikeBandit sells OEM parts, aftermarket parts, accessories, gear and tires for motorcycles, scooters, ATVs, snowmobiles, and personal watercraft.
Sponsorships and partnerships
- Title Sponsor of the 2013 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days event held on July 19–21 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington Ohio.
- Title Sponsor of the 2014 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days event held by the American Motorcycle Association (AMA)
- Sponsor of the 2014 AMA Go Ride Safely! Week, an event held by the American Motorcyclist Association to promote rider responsibility and driver awareness.
- Hosted Project Re-Cycle in coordination with Cycle World Magazine. Project Re-Cycle is a non-profit benefit for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (PBTF).
- "BikeBandit.com". Inc. Magazine. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "E-commerce pioneer: BikeBandit's Ken Wahlster". Dealer News. Archived from the original on 18 February 2015. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "San Diego Zone One May 2011 Newsletter" (PDF). San Diego Regional Enterprise Zone. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "7 SD firms among top 500 Internet retailers". Katherine P. Harvey. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "New Motorcycle App for iPhone". Sarah Lahalih. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Track Rental - Weekend Club Event Schedule". Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Archived from the original on 22 February 2015. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "BikeBandit.Com Returns As Title Sponsor Of 2014 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days". Motorcycle.com. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "PBTF Wins With Project Re-Cycle's FZ6 Auction". Motorcycle USA. Retrieved 18 February 2015.