Bikur Cholim Machzikay Hadath
The congregation was founded in 1891. Bikur Cholim moved to Seward Park in the early 1960s. Congregations Bikkur Cholim and Machzikay Hadath merged in 1971. On January 22, 1972, the new Congregation Bikur Cholim—Machzikay Hadath dedicated its new constructed Seward Park building.
The rabbi of congregation Bikur Cholim Machzikay Hadath is Rabbi Yaakov Tanenbaum.
Rabbi Moshe Kletenik was rabbi of the congregation from 1994 until June 2013.
- Bikur Cholim Machzikay Hadath, official site.
- Mark Higgins, Large Jewish population calls diverse community home, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, undated. Accessed 2009-10-14.
- Fred Rochlin, Pioneer Jews: A New Life in the Far West, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2000, p. 211.
- Walt Crowley & Paul Dorpat, National Trust Guide to Seattle, John Wiley and Sons, 1998, p. 143
- Congregation Bikur Cholim—Machzikay Hadath, official site. Accessed 2009-10-14.
- Christine Willmsen, Seward Park area synagogues defaced with swastikas: Sometime Saturday night or early Sunday, someone painted red swastikas on two synagogues in the Seward Park neighborhood, according to Seattle Police and synagogue members, Seattle Times, September 13, 2009. Accessed 2009-10-14.
- Seattle synagogues defaced with swastikas, JTA, September 14, 2009. Accessed 2009-10-14.
- BCMH Expansion Kick-Off and Brunch, The Jewish Sound. Accessed 2015-03-17.
- Revered But Weathered Synagogue Building To Be Retired, The Mike Report, December 7, 2014. Accessed 2015-03-17.
- "Rabbinic Leadership". Bikur Cholim Machzikay Hadath. Retrieved 2 November 2016.