Bilaspur Junction railway station
|Regional rail, Light rail & Goods railway|
Old Station Building of Bilaspur Junction built in 1890.
|Location||Ahead budhwari bazzar, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh
|Elevation||292.300 metres (958.99 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||South East Central Railway zone|
|Connections||Wifi enabled IR station,Zonal Headquarter|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||South East Central Railway zone|
|Division(s)||Bilaspur railway division|
|Opened||Template:Srart date and age|
|Previous names||Bengal Nagpur Railway|
The railway station came up in 1889 with the opening of Rajnandgaon to Bilaspur extension of erstwhile Nagpur Chhattisgarh Railway taken over by Bengal Nagpur Railway and construction of the Nagpur-Asansol main line of Bengal Nagpur Railway, which opened in 1891. The station building was constructed in 1890. It became a station on the crosscountry Howrah-Nagpur-Mumbai line in 1900.
The Rourkela-Bilaspur section was electrified in 1969-70 while Bilaspur-Nagpur in 1976-77 and Bilaspur-Katni in 1981.
Bilaspur Railway Station is amongst the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railway. as about 340 passenger trains and goods trains passes every day.
- 12441/Bilaspur - New Delhi Rajdhani Express
- 12101/Bilaspur - Howrah Mumbai Janeshwari Delux Express
- 12129/Bilaspur - Howrah Pune Azad Hind Express
- 12809/Bilaspur - Howrah Mumbai MAIL SuperFast Express
- 12855/Bilaspur - Nagpur InterCity Express
- 18029/Bilaspur - LTT-Shalimar(Mumbai-Kolkata) Kurla Express
- 22815/Bilaspur - Ernakulam Superfast
- For other train details please visit Indian Railway web site indianrail.gov.in
- "Major Events in the Formation of S.E. Railway". South Eastern Railway. Archived from the original on 1 April 2013. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- "South East Central Railway". South East Central Railway. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry". Availability in trains for Top 100 Booking Stations of Indian Railways. IRFCA. Archived from the original on 10 May 2014. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh) travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|South East Central Railway zone|
|South East Central Railway zone
Katni-Bilaspur branch line