|Studio album by Leprous|
|Released||August 24, 2011|
|Genre||Progressive rock, progressive metal, avant-garde metal|
|Label||Inside Out Music|
Bilateral  is the second studio album released by the Norwegian progressive metal band, Leprous. It was recorded in Ivory Shoulder Studios and Juke Joint Studio by Vegard Tveitan and Heidi Solberg Tveitan, and mixed and mastered at Fascination Street Studio by Jens Bogren. Additional editing by Ivar Barstad. The music is arranged by the whole band and the lyrics are the work of Einar Solberg, Øystein Landsverk and Tor Oddmund Suhrke. Art direction and design by Ritxi Ostáriz. Cover painting by Jeff Jordan. All songs published by Magic Art Publishing.
In order to define the band's vision about music and what it means to be progressive, guitarist Tor Oddmund Shurke provided his insight on this matter and other subjects in an interview with the monthly music magazine Guitar World.
The album features guest vocals by Ihsahn on the 4th track of the album, "Thorn", and the trumpet on "Thorn" and "Painful Detour" are played by Vegard Sandbukt. Trumpet and additional keyboards were recorded in Kulturkirken Jacob, in Oslo by Rune Børø.
All tracks written by Leprous; all lyrics by Tor Oddmund Suhrke.
|6.||"Waste of Air"||5:32|
- Einar Solberg - keyboards, lead vocals
- Tor Oddmund Suhrke - guitars, vocals
- Øystein Landsverk - guitars, backing vocals
- Rein Blomquist - bass guitar
- Tobias Ørnes Andersen - drums, percussion
- Ihsahn – vocals on "Thorn"
- Vegard Sandbukt - trumpet on "Thorn" and "Painful Detour"
- Jens Bogren - mixing and mastering
- "Bilateral - Leprous : AllMusic Review". AllMusic. Retrieved April 6, 2017.
- "Leprous Discography". Leprous.net. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- "Interview with Tor Oddmund Shurke at Guitar World". Guitarworld.com. Archived from the original on 2011-11-26. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- "Bilateral release info". Insideoutmusic.com. Retrieved 2015-05-21.