|• Administrator||Valter Miza|
|Elevation||922 m (3,025 ft)|
|• Administrative Unit||6,250|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Bilisht (Albanian: Bilisht; Macedonian: Билишта, Bilišta) is a town and a former municipality in Korçë County, south-eastern Albania. At the 2015 local government reform it became a subdivision and the seat of the municipality Devoll. It was the seat of the former Devoll District. The population at the 2011 census was 6,250. The town is 9 km from the border with Greece at Kapshticë. The closest Greek town across the border is Krystallopigi in the Florina regional unit. Bilisht is at about 800–850 meters above the sea level and has a continental climate with cool summers and cold winters. The football club is Bilisht Sporti.
In 1911, the town was recorded as having 106 Bulgarian residents.
- Law nr. 115/2014[permanent dead link]
- 2011 census results
- Trajchev, Georgi. Български селища в днешна Албания, в: Отецъ Паисий, 15-31 юли 1929 година, стр.213.
- "List of elected councilors (2011 local elections of Albania)" (in Albanian). Central Election Commission of Albania. 2011. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- Visit Devoll Tourist Guide
- "Град Билища (исторически бележки)" , an article on the history of Bilishta, written by the priest Trpo Popovski in 1912 (in Bulgarian).
|This article about a specific location in Korçë County, Albania, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|