Type of site
|Products||Money transfer, Bill Payment|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2020)
As of 2015, the company is worth USD 1 billion.
In 2015, cashless online payments have surpassed paper currency payments for the first time.
BillDesk is a financially independent company and is monitored as a participant under the Payments and Settlements Systems Act, 2007 (Act 51 of 2007) that is regulated and supervised by the Reserve Bank of India.
In 2012, US-based PE firm TA Associates made an undisclosed investment in BillDesk.
In 2015, BillDesk received an investment of USD 200 million from General Atlantic and Temasek thereby giving the company a total valuation of USD 1 billion dollars.
- "BillDesk Drops Expenses By 77% In FY18, Increases Net Profit By 15%". Inc42.
- "Online Payment Service Provider BillDesk Bags $200M from General Atlantic". iamwire. 2015-10-30. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- Balakrishnan, Reghu (2015-10-30). "General Atlantic, Temasek set to invest Rs1,000 crore in BillDesk". livemint.com. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "BillDesk". www.quadlabs.com. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "BillDesk To Boost Mobile Billing In India – Tech2". Tech2. 2006-09-04. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "BillDesk to raise $200 million at $1 billion value | Gadgets Now". Gadget Now. Retrieved 2016-10-12.