This article possibly contains original research. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bellamy in 2011
April 7, 1965
Newark, New Jersey, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Kristen Baker (2001–present)|
William "Bill" Bellamy (born April 7, 1965) is an American actor and stand-up comedian. Bellamy first gained national notoriety on HBO's Russell Simmons' Def Comedy Jam, where he is credited for creating or coining the phrase "booty call", described as a late night call to a potential paramour with the intention of meeting strictly for sex.
Early life and family
For many years, Bellamy was a staple on MTV, a VJ and the host of several MTV programs including MTV Jamz and MTV Beach House. He went on to star in a number of movies, including Fled, Love Jones, The Brothers, How to Be a Player, Getting Played and Any Given Sunday. He also appeared on two episodes of the TV show Kenan and Kel. Additionally, he voiced Skeeter on the Nickelodeon television show Cousin Skeeter.
In 2002, Bellamy had a co-starring role in the Fox Network television show Fastlane alongside Peter Facinelli and Tiffani Thiessen. He also appeared frequently as a "roundtable" guest on the late night E! talk show Chelsea Lately. Bellamy hosted seasons 5 and 6 of NBC's Last Comic Standing reality show (2007 and 2008). In 2014, he had a recurring role as Councilman Powell on the TV Land original series Hot in Cleveland. He voiced Marcus Hill, a playable character in the 2005 updated version of the NARC video game.
- Bill Bellamy on TV.com
- Bill Bellamy Biography – Yahoo! Movies Archived June 22, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bill Bellamy (I) – Biography
- Bill Bellamy Biography at TVGuide.com
- Staff. "BILL BELLAMY'S CLEAN, STYLISH AND STILL FUNNY", The Charlotte Observer, May 6, 1994. Accessed March 10, 2011. ""The real Bill is the son of New Jersey parents who worked overtime to send him to Seton Hall Preparatory Academy and Rutgers University where he majored in economics."
- "News: Midway Signs Bill Bellamy for NARC". gamershell.com.