||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Born||William Boggs III
July 11, 1946 Bills birth year is not correct. When I began my first year(1957), at Lincoln High in Phila.,Pa. Bill was a senior & student body president. I figure he was born around 1940 (age 75).
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||University of Pennsylvania|
Boggs was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and graduated from the University of Pennsylvania. He was the celebrity correspondent for the syndicated My Generation television show airing on PBS, featuring interviews inspired by his 2007 HarperCollins book, Got What it Takes?: Successful People Reveal How They Made It to the Top. The book includes interviews with Renée Zellweger, Donald Trump, Sir Richard Branson, Clive Davis, Joe Torre, and others. He has also published a novel, At First Sight, with Grosett and Dunlap publishers.
A former news anchorman for WNBC in New York, Boggs also presented several game shows for CBS.[which?] He was also known for his stint in the 1970s as host of Midday Live on WNEW-TV (now WNYW), succeeding Lee Leonard. He created the first national restaurant review show, TV Diners, for the Food Network, and spent many years hosting the network's first non-cooking show, the celebrity interview show, Bill Boggs' Corner Table. Boggs co-executive produced and hosted TV's first syndicated stand up comedy series, Comedy Tonight in the late 1980s.
He debuted a solo stage show called Talk Show Confidential in 2003. The show included stories and rare video clips from his years as a television talk show host.
Boggs has been married at least four times. HIs first marriage was to a college classmate, and ended quickly. His second marriage was to Leslie Bennetts, a journalist and columnist for Vanity Fair. His third marriage was to Canadian actress Linda Thorson, and produced a son, Trevor. His fourth marriage was to the former Carol Edmunds Campbell.
- "Bill Boggs' Official Biography Page". Archived from the original on 8 July 2011. Retrieved July 15, 2011.
- Shister, Gail (30 August 1987), "The Return Of A Native Son Bill Boggs Is A Philadelphian By Birth, Breeding And Inclination", Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- PageSix.com Staff (23 July 2008), "Sightings", The New York Post (New York City)
- Boehm, Mike (3 April 2000), "Her Art Imitates Her Life Ex-Avenger Linda Thorson Revisits Trying Times in SCR Role", Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, California)
- "WEDDINGS/CELEBRATIONS; Carol Campbell, Bill Boggs", The New York Times (New York City), 22 May 2005