Burr in July 2008
|Birth name||William Frederic Burr|
June 10, 1968 |
Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
|Genres||Observational comedy, black comedy, satire|
|Subject(s)||Dating, self-deprecation, race relations, political correctness, gender equality, professional sports, religion, climate change|
|Spouse||Nia Hill (m. 2013)|
William Frederic "Bill" Burr (born June 10, 1968) is an American comedian, writer, and actor. He is best known for his stand-up comedy specials. He is also known for being the host of Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, playing Patrick Kuby in the AMC crime drama series Breaking Bad, and starring in the Netflix animated sitcom F Is for Family as Frank Murphy. In 2013, The New York Times wrote that Burr "has been one of the funniest, most distinctive voices in the country for years." 
Burr was born in Canton, Massachusetts, to white-collar parents of German and Irish descent. His father is a dentist. Burr obtained a bachelor's degree in radio from Emerson College in 1993. Before starting his comedy career, he worked in warehouses because "if [his] boss gave [him] a rough time, [he] could just get on a forklift and just, like, drive away".
Since May 2007, Burr has recorded a weekly one-hour podcast, Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, in which he speaks about his past and recent experiences, current events, going on tour, and sports, and offers advice to questions submitted by the listeners. The podcast is available on Burr's website and on the All Things Comedy network. He is sometimes joined by his wife, Nia Hill, and has featured guests and interviews with other comedians.
Burr also appears as a guest on radio shows and other comedians' podcasts, such as the now defunct Opie and Anthony Show, You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes, The Adam Carolla Show, Joe Rogan Experience, WTF with Marc Maron, The Nerdist Podcast, and Nobody Likes Onions. Burr was also the very first guest on Tom Green's podcast. On April 18, 2011, he guest hosted the Hollywood Babble-On podcast alongside Ralph Garman.
In 2008, Burr's voice was featured in the game Grand Theft Auto IV. In the game, Bill plays Jason Michaels of the biker gang The Lost MC in the mission "No Love Lost". In 2009, he reprised his role in the game's expansion pack The Lost and Damned.
Burr's special Let it Go was recorded at The Fillmore in San Francisco and premiered on Comedy Central on September 18, 2010. A later special, You People Are All The Same, premiered in 2012 as a Netflix exclusive.
Burr has been referred to as a "comedian's comedian" by observers of the US stand-up comedy circuit, meaning a comedian whose work is followed and appreciated by fellow professional comedians. Burr appeared in the movie Date Night as Detective Walsh. He has also appeared in the fourth and fifth seasons of AMC's Breaking Bad as Patrick Kuby. He played Mark Mullins in the 2013 buddy cop film The Heat.
Burr stars in F Is for Family which premiered December 18, 2015 on Netflix. The show, an animated sitcom, is based around Burr's stand-up and the absurdity of political correctness. Burr writes and executive produces the series along with Michael Price.
Rolling Stone magazine called Burr "the undisputed heavyweight champ of rage-fueled humor". Burr often portrays himself as "that loud guy in the bar" with "uninformed logic". In an interview with the The Boston Globe, Burr stated, "I'm the 'dude, bro' guy." According to Montreal Gazette, "Burr is a cynic and a contrarian who has never paid any heed to political correctness."
Burr is an avid drummer and routinely performs alongside the Goddamn Comedy Jam.
As of May 2015, Burr is a licensed helicopter pilot.
- Emotionally Unavailable (2003) [CD]
- Emotionally Unavailable: Expanded Edition (2007) [CD]
- Why Do I Do This? (2008) [CD/DVD/Netflix]
- Let It Go (2010) [CD/DVD/Netflix]
- You People Are All The Same (2012) [Netflix and download]
- Live at Andrew's House (2014) [limited vinyl release]
- I'm Sorry You Feel That Way (2014) [Netflix]
|1996||Townies||Yes||15 episodes; role: Ryan Callahan|
|1998||Two Guys and a Girl||Yes||1 episode; role: Fitzey|
|2001||Perfect Fit||Yes||Role: Doorman|
|2002||Passionada||Yes||Role: Blackjack Player|
|2002||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Yes||Episode: "Maledictus"; role: Jogger|
|2004||Chappelle's Show||Yes||3 episodes; role: Various|
|2005||One Night Stand||Yes||1 episode; role: Himself|
|2006||Jamie Foxx Presents Laffapalooza||Yes||1 episode|
|2007||Twisted Fortune||Yes||3 episodes; role: Various|
|2007||Playing Chicken||Yes||Role: Tim|
|2008||Grand Theft Auto IV||Yes||Video game; role: Jason Michaels (voice)|
|2008||Why Do I Do This?||Yes||Yes||Stand-up special; role: Himself|
|2009||Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned||Yes||Video game; role: Jason Michaels (voice)|
|2010||Date Night||Yes||Role: Detective Walsh|
|2010||Let It Go||Yes||Yes||Stand-up special; role: Himself|
|2011–13||Breaking Bad||Yes||5 episodes; role: Kuby|
|2012||Stand Up Guys||Yes||Role: Larry|
|2012||You People Are All the Same.||Yes||Yes||Stand-up special; role: Himself|
|2013||The Heat||Yes||Role: Mark Mullins|
|2013-16||New Girl||Yes||2 episodes; role: Bobby|
|2014||Walk of Shame||Yes||Role: Officer Walter|
|2014||Maron||Yes||Episode: "The Joke"; role: Himself|
|2014||Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee||Episode: "Smoking Past the Band "; role: Himself|
|2014||I'm Sorry You Feel That Way||Yes||Yes||Stand-up special; role: Himself|
|2014||Black or White||Yes||Role: Rick Reynolds|
|2014–15||Kroll Show||Yes||6 episodes; role: Detective Smart|
|2015||The Jim Gaffigan Show||Yes||Episode: "My Friend the Priest"'; role: Himself|
|2015||Daddy's Home||Yes||Role: Jerry|
|2015||F Is for Family||Yes||Yes||Role: Frank Murphy (voice); Co-Creator|
- Mohr, Jay (Feb 24, 2013). Mohr Stories with Bill Burr #1. Interview with Mohr Jay. Mohr Stories. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Bromley, Patrick. "Bill Burr - Biography". about.com.
- Zinoman, Jason (November 7, 2013). "This Guy’s No Puppy Hugger: Bill Burr’s Irate Comedy Style". The New York Times.
- Sullivan, James (May 10, 2015). "Bill Burr pulls no punches at Wilbur". The Boston Globe.
- McManus, Brian (April 6, 2011). "Bill (Burr) of Rights". Philadelphia Weekly.
- Zaino III, Nick A. (May 7, 2015). "Bill Burr makes fearlessness fun". The Boston Globe.
- Richardson, Jay (December 2, 2013). "Bill Burr: Breaking out of stereotype". The Scotsman.
- "Bill Burr '93 clowns with student crowd". emerson.edu. March 4, 2015.
- "BILL BURR: WORKING IN THE WAREHOUSE". Comedy Central.
- "Dom Irrera Live from The Laugh Factory with Bill Burr". Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- "The Adam Carolla Show, Aug 8, 2011. Bill Burr". Retrieved March 5, 2012.
- "PODCAST #26 " The Joe Rogan Experience". Blog.joerogan.net. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "PODCAST #91 " The Joe Rogan Experience". Blog.joerogan.net. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "WTF with Marc Maron Podcast – Episode 37 – Bill Burr". Wtfpod.libsyn.com. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- "Nerdist Podcast #24: Bill Burr " Nerdist". Nerdist.com. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- "NLO 695: The Bill Burr Diet". Nobody Likes Onions. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "NLO 709: Burrned". Nobody Likes Onions. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Hollywood Babble-On #29". April 18, 2011. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
- L. Ray, Austin. "Bill Burr You People Are All the Same special review". The Spit Take. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Matt Wild (April 20, 2011). "Bill Burr – A day in the life of a working comedian". avclub.com. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- Dave Coffey (December 1, 2011). "Comedian Bill Burr to perform at Calvin Theatre tonight". dailycollegian.com. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Q&A – Bill Burr (Kuby)". Breaking Bad blog at amctv.com. AMC. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "F is for Family: Original, Animated Series From Bill Burr Coming Exclusively to Netflix". PR Newswire. October 23, 2014. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- Chocano, Carina (October 30, 2013). "Bill Burr Is the New Louis C.K.". Rolling Stone.
- Brownstein, Bill (March 31, 2015). "Bruins fan Bill Burr leads comics heading to Just for Laughs in July". Montreal Gazette.
- Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, May 2015
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Bill Burr|