Burr in July 2008.
|Birth name||William Burr|
June 10, 1968 |
Canton, Massachusetts, United States
|Genres||Observational comedy, black comedy, satire|
|Subject(s)||Dating, race relations, political correctness, professional sports, religion|
|Spouse||Nia Hill (m. 2013)|
William "Bill" Burr (born June 10, 1968) is an American comedian, writer, and actor. He is best known for his stand-up comedy specials. He is also known for being the host of Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, and playing Patrick Kuby in the AMC crime drama series Breaking Bad.
Burr's career began in 1992.
Since May 2007, Burr has recorded a weekly one-hour podcast, Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, in which he speaks about his past and recent experiences, current events, going on tour, and sports, and offers advice to questions submitted by the listeners. The podcast is available on Burr's website and on the All Things Comedy network. He is sometimes joined by his wife, Nia Hill, and has featured guests and interviews with other comedians.
Burr also appears as a guest on other comedians' podcasts, such as You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes, The Adam Carolla Show, Joe Rogan Experience, WTF with Marc Maron, The Nerdist Podcast, and Nobody Likes Onions. Burr was also the very first guest on Tom Green's podcast. On April 18, 2011, he guest hosted the Hollywood Babble-On podcast alongside Ralph Garman.
In 2008, Burr's voice was featured in the game Grand Theft Auto IV. In the game, Bill plays Jason Michaels of the biker gang The Lost MC in the mission "No Love Lost". In 2009, he reprised his role in the game's expansion pack The Lost and Damned.
Burr's special Let it Go was recorded at The Fillmore in San Francisco and premiered on Comedy Central on September 18, 2010. A later special, You People Are All The Same, premiered in 2012 as a Netflix exclusive.
Burr has been referred to as a "comedian's comedian" by observers of the US stand-up comedy circuit, meaning a comedian whose work is followed and appreciated by fellow professional comedians. Burr appeared in the movie Date Night as Detective Walsh. He has also appeared in the fourth and fifth seasons of AMC's Breaking Bad as Patrick Kuby. He played Mark Mullins in the 2013 buddy cop film The Heat.
Burr will star in F Is for Family in 2015 on Netflix. The show, an animated sitcom, will be based around Burr's standup and the absurdity of political correctness. Burr will write and executive produce the series along with Michael Price.
Burr married Nia Hill in 2013.
On May 30, 2015, Burr became a licensed helicopter pilot.
- Emotionally Unavailable (2003) [CD]
- Emotionally Unavailable: Expanded Edition (2007) [CD]
- Why Do I Do This? (2008) [CD/DVD/Netflix]
- Let It Go (2010) [CD/DVD/Netflix]
- You People Are All The Same (2012) [Netflix and download]
- I'm Sorry You Feel That Way (2014) [Netflix]
- Live at Andrew's House (2014) [limited vinyl release]
- Perfect Fit (2001)
- Passionada (2002)
- Chappelle's Show (2003)
- Twisted Fortune (2007)
- Date Night (2010)
- Breaking Bad (2011–2013)
- Cheat (2011)
- Stand Up Guys (2012)
- The Heat (2013)
- New Girl (2013)
- Walk of Shame (2014)
- Maron (2014)
- Kroll Show (2014)
- Zombeavers (2014)
- Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (2014)
- Black or White (2014)
- F Is for Family (2015)
- "Dom Irrera Live from The Laugh Factory with Bill Burr". Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- "The Adam Carolla Show, Aug 8, 2011. Bill Burr". Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "PODCAST #26 " The Joe Rogan Experience". Blog.joerogan.net. Retrieved 2015-01-15.
- "PODCAST #91 " The Joe Rogan Experience". Blog.joerogan.net. Retrieved 2015-01-15.
- "WTF with Marc Maron Podcast – Episode 37 – Bill Burr". Wtfpod.libsyn.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Nerdist Podcast #24: Bill Burr " Nerdist". Nerdist.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "NLO 695: The Bill Burr Diet". Nobody Likes Onions. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "NLO 709: Burrned". Nobody Likes Onions. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Hollywood Babble-On #29". April 18, 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- L. Ray, Austin. "Bill Burr You People Are All the Same special review". The Spit Take. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Matt Wild (April 20, 2011). "Bill Burr – A day in the life of a working comedian". avclub.com. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- Dave Coffey (December 1, 2011). "Comedian Bill Burr to perform at Calvin Theatre tonight". dailycollegian.com. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Q&A – Bill Burr (Kuby)". Breaking Bad blog at amctv.com. AMC. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "F is for Family: Original, Animated Series From Bill Burr Coming Exclusively to Netflix". PR Newswire. October 23, 2014. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- Schworm, Peter (September 7, 2009). "Canton selectman joins race for Senate". The Boston Globe. Retrieved October 21, 2009.
- Estes, Andrea (October 19, 2009). "Capuano winning the drop-out vote". The Boston Globe. Archived from the original on October 22, 2009. Retrieved October 20, 2009.
- Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, May 2015
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Bill Burr|
- billburr.com, Official Website
- Bill Burr on Twitter
- Bill Burr at the Internet Movie Database
- Bill's Monday Morning Podcast
- Bill Burr: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way (2014) on Netflix