A linebacker and guard, in 1959 Burrell won the Chicago Tribune Silver Football as the MVP of the Big Ten Conference. Burrell also finished fourth in the voting for the Heisman Trophy that year, and was a consensus All-American.
Bill Burrell is a member of The Pigskin Club of Washington, D.C. National Intercollegiate All-American Football Players Honor Roll.
Bill Burrell died on March 22, 1998.
- "Heisman Trophy Voting 1950 to 1959 – College Football News". Archived from the original on 2002-12-28. Retrieved 2006-05-20.
- HickokSports.com – History – Football All-America Teams 1937–1976
- Draft – 1960 – Buffalo Bills Archived July 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- 1960 NFL Draft on databaseFootball.com
- Bill Burrell – Small Newspaper Group, 24 March 2012
|This biographical article relating to an American football linebacker is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|