Bill Evans (meteorologist)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
William Howard Evans
July 16, 1960
Evans's broadcasting career began at the age of 13 in his hometown of Meridian, Mississippi on WDAL Radio and WTOK-TV. He attended Mississippi State University, where he studied business administration, and Jackson State University, where he studied meteorology.
Before coming to New York, Evans was meteorologist for WALA-TV in Mobile, Alabama and was morning show host on WABB-FM. He also held similar jobs in Dallas, as both meteorologist at WFAA-TV and morning show host for KHYI-FM.
In 2016 Evans was awarded the prestigious Ellis Island Medal of Honor.
For years he played himself in The Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. Evans has also played Lumiere (the candlestick) on Broadway in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. He has appeared on ABC's Good Morning America. He also appears on ESPN Sports Center and The Michael Kay Show on ESPN NY Radio 98.7 FM. Evans has appeared on the show "How Stuff Works" on the Discovery Channel and Live with Kelly and Ryan.
Evans helps raise funds for children's charities Babies Hospital at Columbia Presbyterian, the Juvenile Diabetes Association, Junior Achievement, and the National Young Adult Institute. He also hosts golf tournaments to raise funds for The Red Cross of New Jersey and Special Olympics of New York.
Evans' first novel Category 7: The Biggest Storm in History, was co-written by Marianna Jameson. Evans promoted the work on a 2007 book tour. The story is about "weather folk" tracking a hurricane as it approaches New York City. It comes out that the hurricane was created and directed artificially by a billionaire villain.
Evans has gone on to release more novels in the "eco-thriller" genre, including "Frozen Fire", a sequel to "Category 7", "Dry Ice", and "Blackmail Earth". Evans also penned a weather book for kids entitled: "It's Raining Fish & Spiders".
- Evans, Bill; Jameson, Marianna (10 July 2007). Category 7: The Biggest Storm in History. Forge Books. ISBN 978-0-7653-1735-3.
- Evans, Bill; Jameson, Marianna (23 June 2009). Frozen Fire. Forge Books. ISBN 978-0-7653-2008-7.
- Evans, Bill; Jameson, Marianna (16 August 2011). Dry Ice. Tor Books. ISBN 978-0-7653-2472-6.
- Evans, Bill (22 May 2012). It's Raining Fish and Spiders. Forge Books. ISBN 978-0-7653-2132-9.
- Evans, Bill (19 June 2012). Blackmail Earth. Tor Books. ISBN 978-0-7653-2783-3.
- "Bill Evans". WABC-TV Web site. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- abc7ny profile on Bill Evans- Retrieved 2017-10-14
- "Bill Evans". Linkedin. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Meteorologist and Author Bill Evans To Discuss New Book". Sacred Heart University. April 2008.
- "Bill Evans: Category 7 Blog". Archived from the original on 29 May 2008.
- "Book Excerpt: 'Category 7'". Good Morning America. ABC News. 11 July 2007.
- "Frozen Fire by Bill Evans; Marianna Jameson". fictiondb.