Bill Gates' house
|Architectural style||Pacific lodge|
|Location||1835 73rd Ave NE (service entrance) and 7400 Northeast 18th Street (main entrance), Medina, Washington, United States|
$63.2 millionto build
Xanadu 2.0 is a large mansion owned by Bill Gates that overlooks Lake Washington in Medina, Washington. The 66,000-square-foot (6,100 m2) mansion is noted for its design and the technology it incorporates. It is nicknamed Xanadu 2.0 after the title character's estate in Citizen Kane. It took seven years to build and cost $63.2 million.
Design and features
The mansion is a modern design in the Pacific lodge style, with classic features such as a private library with a dome shaped roof and oculus. The house also features an estate-wide server system, a 60-foot (18 m) swimming pool with an underwater music system, a 2,500-square-foot (230 m2) gym, a 1,000-square-foot (93 m2) dining room, and heated floors and driveways. It is also an earth-sheltered house.[not in citation given]
- Folkers, Richard (1997-11-23). "Bill Gates' stately pleasure dome and futuristic home".
- Anderson, Rick (2008-05-16). "Taxman Cometh". Seattle Weekly.
- Inc., Zillow,. "1835 73rd Ave NE, Medina, WA 98039 is Off Market | Zillow". Zillow. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved February 21, 2008.
- "Cutler Anderson Architects". cutler-anderson.com. Retrieved August 10, 2016.
- "Technology: Bill Gates' House" Archived January 4, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.. U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "Pool Building" Archived October 11, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.. U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "coverage of the Gates' Medina, Washington estate". Forbes. May 22, 2002. Archived from the original on September 6, 2012. Retrieved June 9, 2010.
- Paterson, Thane (June 13, 2000). "Advice for Bill Gates: A Little Culture Wouldn't Hurt". Business Week. Archived from the original on August 11, 2007. Retrieved March 21, 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bill Gates' house.|