|No. 72, 73|
|Date of birth:||March 10, 1933|
|Place of birth:||Vernon, Texas|
|Date of death:||January 22, 2009(aged 75)|
|Place of death:||Arlington, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||246 lb (112 kg)|
|High school:||Vernon (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||1956 / Round: 3 / Pick: 26|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
William E. Herchman (March 10, 1933 – January 22, 2009) was an American football defensive tackle in the National Football League for the San Francisco 49ers, the Dallas Cowboys and in the American Football League for the Houston Oilers. He played college football for Texas Technological College (now Texas Tech University).
San Francisco 49ers
Herchman was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the third round (26th overall) of the 1956 NFL Draft. In 1957, he returned a 54-yard interception for a touchdown against the Chicago Bears. He started every game for four seasons at right defensive tackle.
On June 30, 1960, he was signed by the Dallas Cowboys. He was a part of the franchise's inaugural season and was a backup to Ed Husmann. The next year he was named the starter at right defensive tackle. He was released on September 11, 1962.
- "William 'Bill' Herchman" Obituary Archived July 10, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., Diboll Free Press, February 25, 2009.
- Carlton Stowers, Journey to Triumph: 110 Dallas Cowboys Tell Their Stories, Dallas: Taylor, 1982, ISBN 0-87833-330-4, p. 64.
- "Bill Herchman Stats". Retrieved 2009-12-16.
- Jack Geddie, The Families Geddie & McPhail, Fort Worth: Geddie, 1959, p. 152.
- Jack Geddie, Southern Pollards, Fort Worth: Geddie, 1971, OCLC 605427, p.108.
Media related to Bill Herchman at Wikimedia Commons