|Born||June 22, 1961|
|Died||November 9, 2009(aged 48)|
|Area(s)||Writer, Penciller, Inker|
|The New Titans
Bill Jaaska's first published comics work was a Skywolf story in Airboy #11 (Dec. 1986). He worked with Peter David on The Incredible Hulk. David has commented that Jaaska's art on The Incredible Hulk #380 was crucial to the impact of the story.
Jaaska is best known for his work on The New Titans published by DC Comics. After leaving The New Titans with issue #113 (August 1994), Jaaska's final new work in the comics industry appeared in Turok, Dinosaur Hunter #23 (May 1995) published by Acclaim Comics.
In 2005, Anthem Pictures used Jaaska's Terminator artwork to create The Terminator: Hunters and Killers a unique "Digital Comic DVD". The product uses art from the original comic books combined with actors reading the dialog, to create a flowing story that does not have actual motion in the traditional sense of animation, but is not static, in that the screen moves across the panels, and focuses on elements considered important by the director. The end result is a comic that can be watched on a video screen as opposed to being read.
- Turok #23 (1995)
Dark Horse Comics
- The Terminator: Hunters and Killers #1-3 (1992)
- Checkmate #26 (1990)
- The New Titans #100-103, 108-110, 113 (1993-1994)
- Shade, the Changing Man #10 (1991)
- Swamp Thing #104, 110, Annual #6 (1991)
- Who's Who in the DC Universe #15 (1992)
- The Incredible Hulk vol. 2 #378, 380 (1991)
- Marvel Super-Heroes vol. 2 #4 (1990)
- Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #15 (1990)
- Uncanny X-Men #263, 265 (1990)
- Wolverine #30 (1990)
- "William C Jaaska, 9 November 2009". United States Social Security Death Index. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- "Bill Jaaska". Lambiek Comiclopedia. December 5, 2009. Archived from the original on September 16, 2012.
- Bill Jaaska at the Grand Comics Database
- David, Peter (April 26, 1991). "But I Digress: One Little Death". Comics Buyer's Guide. Iola, Wisconsin. Archived from the original on June 9, 2012.
Bill Jaaska's art was so effective that...
- "The Terminator: Hunters and Killers DVD Comic Comes Home". MovieWeb.com. July 20, 2005. Archived from the original on September 18, 2012.
- Spurgeon, Tom (March 22, 2010). "William Charles "Bill" Jaaska, 1961-2009". The Comics Reporter. Archived from the original on May 28, 2010.
- Bill Jaaska at the Comic Book DB
- Bill Jaaska at Mike's Amazing World of Comics
- Bill Jaaska at the Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators
- Best, Daniel "What Happened To Bill Jaaska?" at 20th Century Danny Boy, March 23, 2010
|Jon Sable, Freelance/Sable artist
|The New Titans artist