Bill Kipsang Rotich
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bill Kipsang Rotich|
1958 (age 59–60)|
Eldama Ravine, Koibatek, Kenya
|Other names||Kipsang Rotich|
|Occupation||Voice Actor, Businessman|
|Known for||Voice of Nien Nunb in Star Wars|
He attended Eldama Ravine Mission Primary School for his primary education and later joined Nairobi School for his high school studies. After completing his secondary education he attended a university in California. It is during this time that he landed the role to play the voice of Nien Nunb in Return of the Jedi.
Voice of Nien Nunb
Rotich voiced Nunb by speaking in Kalenjin and Kikuyu, both of which are spoken in Kenya. This turned him into a celebrity in Kenya because audiences there could understand what Nien Nunb was saying. Rotich then put a hold on his acting career and decided to pursue business.
Return to voice acting
- "The Road to Rotich: Finding Nien Nunb, Part 1". StarWars.com. 10 May 2016.
- "The Road to Rotich: Finding Nien Nunb, Part 2". StarWars.com. 11 May 2016.
- Tunoi, Kevin (14 November 2014). "We have found Bill Kipsang Rotich of Hollywood Star Wars movie". Standard Digital News.
- Mukei, Cate. "Hollywood Star Wars hunting for young Kipsang Rotich". Standard Digital News.
- "Star Wars Mega Legend Mike Quinn (Nien Nunb) to return for Star Wars: Episode VIII!". Making Star Wars. 4 February 2016.