Visual Effects Animator|
|Known for||animation/visual effects|
William "Bill" Kroyer is an American director of animation and computer graphics commercials, short films, movie titles, and theatrical films. He and Jerry Rees were the main animators for the CGI sequences in Tron. He is currently the head of the Digital Arts department at Lawrence and Kristina Dodge College of Film and Media Arts at Chapman University.
Kroyer began his animation career in 1975 by working in a small commercial studio. In 1977, he finally ended up at Disney Studios as animator on The Fox and the Hound but left Disney later because he did not want to work on The Black Cauldron. It was then he met future Tron director Steven Lisberger, who was working on Animalympics. After Animalympics was completed, Lisberger developed Tron and sold it to Disney.
After Tron was finished, Kroyer decided to stay with computer animation instead of traditional animation and worked at Robert Abel and Associates and Digital Productions. In 1986, he and his wife, Sue, started Kroyer Films to combine computer animation with hand-drawn animation. They made a short film titled, Technological Threat and it was nominated for an Academy Award in 1988.
He directed Computer Warriors: The Adventure Begins in 1990 as then FernGully: The Last Rainforest in 1992. He was originally set to direct Quest for Camelot but left the project over creative differences.
In 2017 he and his wife Susan became the first couple to receive the June Foray Award from the international Animation Society for their "contributions to the art and industry of animation."
- Rugrats in Paris: The Movie (CG animation director: Rhythm & Hues)
- The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (CG animation director: Rhythm & Hues)
- The Green Mile (animation supervisor: Rhythm & Hues)
- FernGully: The Last Rainforest (director)
- Computer Warriors: The Adventure Begins (writer, director)
- Jetsons: The Movie (computer animator: vehicle animation)
- Technological Threat (writer, director, producer, computer animation)
- Starchaser: The Legend of Orin (computer animation planner, key animator)
- Tron (production storyboards, computer image choreography)
- Animalympics (animation director, animator)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bill Kroyer.|
- Bill Kroyer on IMDb
- Creating the Memories by William Kroyer
- The Famous Internet Meme[permanent dead link]
|This article relating to an American animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|