Mauk was the 1998 Democratic nominee for the open United States Senate seat in Idaho vacated by Dirk Kempthorne. He was defeated by Republican Congressman Mike Crapo getting only 28.4% of the vote.
- Wickline, Michael R. (13 June 1998). "Idaho Senate Candidates Spar Over Anti-tobacco Bill". Lewiston Morning Tribune. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- "1998 General Election Results". sos.idaho.gov. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- "William L. Mauk - Boise, ID - Mauk, Miller, & Hawkins, LLC". www.idahojustice.com. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- "Mistrial Is Sought In Game Warden Deaths". Lodi News-Sentinel. 20 October 1982. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- "CNN/AllPolitics Election '98". us.cnn.com. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
Richard H. Stallings
|Democratic Party nominee, U.S. Senator (Class 3) from Idaho
|This article about an Idaho politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|