Bill McLeod Jacobsen
|Full name||William "Bill" McLeod Jacobsen|
|Date of birth||30 November 1974|
|Place of birth||Klaksvík, Faroe Islands|
|Faroe Islands under-21 (Manager)|
|1987–1994||KÍ Klaksvík (Youth Manager)|
|1995–1998||Esbjerg fB (Youth Manager)|
|2000–2000||KÍ Klaksvík (Assistant Manager)|
|1998–2007||Faroe Islands youth teams (Manager)|
|2002–2002||NSÍ Runavík (Assistant Manager)|
|2007–2011||B68 Toftir (Manager)|
|2012–||B68 Toftir (Manager)|
Bill McLeod Jacobsen (born 30. November in 1974 Klaksvík, Faroe Islands) is head coach along with Heðin Askham for the Faroe Islands national under-21 football team and was first appointed in 2007. These years have been a major success for the Faroe Islands under-21 team, especially 2009-2010 when the team finished the qualification with an historical 11 points, which is the most points any Faroese national team has ever gotten during qualification stages.
Career in the Faroese FA
In 1998 Jacobsen was appointed as assistant coach for the Faroe Islands national under-16 team. This was the start of his career for the Faroe Islands FA (Fótbóltssamband Føroya) where he was head coach for the Faroe Islands national under-14, under-17, and under-19, before he and Heðin Askham got the job as head coaches for the Faroe Islands under-21 team.
Jacobsen also has been assistant manager for Faroe Islands national football team for one match. For personal reasons the assistant manager of the Faroe Islands national team couldn’t be there for the away game against Switzerland in 2001. So Bill McLeod Jacobsen was asked to replace him for that match and worked with former European Footballer of the Year (1977) Allan Simonsen, who was head coach for Faroe Islands national team.
Jacobsen also has a long career on club level. 2008-2011 he was the manager for B68 Toftir and in 2009 he won the title as Manager of the Year on the Faroe Islands. Before being B68’s manager, Bill McLeod Jacobsen was assistant manager for NSÍ Runavík (2002) working with manager Jógvan Martin Olsen, former Faroese National team coach, and assistant manager for KÍ Klaksvík (2000) where he worked with manager Tomislav Sivic, who's a former manager for Serbia’s national under-21 football team and under-19 team.
On youth level Jacobsen also has experience with both Faroese and Danish teams. From 1987 to 1994, Jacobsen was head coach for several of KÍ Klaksvík’s youth teams and from 1995 to 1998 he was youth team coach in Esbjerg fB in Denmark.
Jacobsen is a UEFA A License registered coach from 2006. Despite his young age Jacobsen has 13 years of experience working for the Faroese FA and several years of experience on club level in the Faroe Islands as well as in Denmark. Therefore, Jacobsen is considered to be one of the most experienced and talented managers from the Faroe Islands.
- Highlights from the Faroe Islands national under-21 football team win against Russia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKfyxgzOKh4
- Bill McLeod Jacobsen interviewed by Faroese FA Press: "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-12-24. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- Bill McLeod Jacobsen interviewed by UEFA Press: http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=fro/news/newsid=1457094.html
- (www.knassar.com), Knassar — the new media web partner. "Forsíða — B68". b68.fo. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Fróði Benjaminsen is Player of the Year 2009 in the Faroe Islands". soccerandequipment.com. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- (www.knassar.com), Knassar — the new media web partner. "Bill McLeod Jacobsen Ársins Venjari 2009 - B68". b68.fo. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- http://sportal.fo.webtestlink.com/grein/bill_ur_b68_er_arsins_venjari[permanent dead link]
- B68Toftir (31 December 1969). "B68 - EB/Streymur 3-2 (12. umfar 2009)". Retrieved 13 March 2017 – via YouTube.
- B68Toftir (17 June 2008). "B68 Uptakt 2008". Retrieved 13 March 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Heim". ki.fo. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-30. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- "Bill Mc. Leod Jacobsen". isf.fo. 29 August 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2017.