|Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia|
April 1, 2010
|Preceded by||Barbara Milano Keenan|
|45th Attorney General of Virginia|
February 26, 2009 – January 16, 2010
|Preceded by||Bob McDonnell|
|Succeeded by||Ken Cuccinelli|
|Member of the Virginia Senate
from the 33rd district
January 23, 1998 – January 14, 2006
|Preceded by||Charles Waddell|
|Succeeded by||Mark Herring|
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates
from the 32nd district
January 8, 1992 – January 22, 1998
|Preceded by||Linda Rollins|
|Succeeded by||Dick Black|
|Born||William Cleveland Mims
June 20, 1957
Harrisonburg, Virginia, U.S.
|Alma mater||College of William and Mary
George Washington University School of Law
Georgetown University Law Center
William Cleveland "Bill" Mims (born June 20, 1957 in Harrisonburg, Virginia) is a former Attorney General of Virginia and current Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia. He served as a Republican in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1992 to 1998 and the Senate of Virginia from 1998 to 2006, when he was appointed Chief Deputy Attorney General by then-Attorney General Bob McDonnell. When McDonnell resigned in February 2009 to run for governor, the Virginia General Assembly elected Mims to complete McDonnell's term. Mims did not seek election to a full term and was succeeded by Ken Cuccinelli in January 2010.
The General Assembly elected Mims to the Virginia Supreme Court on March 10, 2010, to fill a vacancy created by the retirement of Justice Barbara Milano Keenan upon her appointment to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. He took his oath of office on April 1, 2010, followed by a formal investiture on April 9, 2010.
- "Virginia Lawyer's Weekly". Archived from the original on 14 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- Senate of Virginia bio
- "Virginia House of Delegates; Session 1998; Mims, William C. (Bill)". Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- Meola, Olympia (2009-02-26). "General Assembly elects Mims attorney general". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "House Resolution 32". Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Senate Resolution 15". Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "House Minutes, March 10, 2010". Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Senate Minutes, March 10, 2010". Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Virginia Lawyer's Weekly". Archived from the original on 2013-07-15. Retrieved 2013-07-15.
- "Va. Supreme Court Justice Finished Boston Marathon Just Before Blast". Retrieved 2013-07-15.
- "William C Mims". Virginia Public Access Project.
- "Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2010-06-17.
|Attorney General of Virginia
Barbara Milano Keenan
|Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia
|This article about a Virginia State Senator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|