May 16, 1971
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Education||Loyola University Chicago|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, author, talk show host, professional speaker, Builder|
|Spouse(s)||Giuliana Rancic (m. 2007)|
|Children||Edward Duke Rancic (b. 2012)|
William "Bill" Rancic (//; born May 16, 1971) is an American entrepreneur who was the first candidate hired by The Trump Organization at the conclusion of the first season of Donald Trump's reality television show, The Apprentice. He starred in the reality show Giuliana and Bill with his wife Giuliana Rancic, and hosted America Now with Leeza Gibbons. In 2014, he starred as host of the Food Network's new cooking competition show Kitchen Casino.
Rancic was instrumental in helping found FabFitFun, a woman's website focused on health, beauty, and fashion.
Early life and education
Rancic attended St. Michael's School (Orland Park) and graduated from Carl Sandburg High School. He earned a B.S. from Loyola University Chicago. His mother is Gail Rancic; his father Edward Rancic died of cancer in 1999. He has three sisters, Beth, Katie and Karen.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Rancic was one of the job applicants in The Apprentice 1 during the spring of 2004, as one of 16 contestants. Rancic was hired at the conclusion of the 14-week job interview after Donald Trump selected him over finalist Kwame Jackson.
Rancic was the first reality TV star to be hired on national television. He elected to take charge of the construction of the Trump Tower Chicago in his native Chicago, Illinois, on the site of the demolished Chicago Sun-Times building. His other option was to oversee and manage a new Trump National Golf Course and resort in Los Angeles. The Trump National course was a potential site for season 6 of the show.
For the final challenge against competitor Kwame Jackson, Trump gave Rancic the task of running a celebrity golf outing at Trump National Golf Club Westchester in Briarcliff Manor, NY, while Jackson was tasked to manage a Jessica Simpson concert. At the final board meeting, Jackson remarked that running a golf outing was the easier of the two tasks, which brought a disagreement from Trump VP Carolyn Kepcher, who was managing a golf course when Trump hired her. Trump hired Rancic.
Career after The Apprentice
As an Apprentice
Originally, Rancic said that after his one-year contract as being Donald Trump's Apprentice expired, he would leave the job and start his own company. He instead opted to remain part of the Trump Organization, and in some seasons filled in as a judge when regular judge George H. Ross was away on business.
Work outside of Trump
||This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In September 2007, Rancic co-hosted iVillage's In the Loop with iVillage, a TV show and webcast produced by NBC Universal. NBC commissioned a set at the Universal Orlando Resort in Florida. In September 2008, Rancic began as host for the A&E reality show We Mean Business, in which small business owners undergo business make-overs.
In 2008, Rancic and his wife, TV host Giuliana Rancic (née DePandi), started a joint television production company, You and I Productions, which produces reality and scripted programming for television. In 2010, Rancic started hosting a news program called America Now, which is broadcast across the United States on stations owned by Raycom Media. The following year, "America Now" was brought back for a second season, with Leeza Gibbons joining Bill Rancic. Originally, the show was on every weekend, but when Leeza Gibbons joined the show, it moved to a Monday through Friday timeslot.
In 2012, Rancic became a television spokesperson for the product Rogaine, appearing in national commercials detailing his experience with hair loss. In April 2014, Rancic began hosting the Food Network competitive cooking series Kitchen Casino, where chefs participate in three casino-themed challenges in an attempt to win up to $30,000.
In 2016, Rancic published his first novel, First Light.
On April 23, 2012, Giuliana and Bill announced on The Today Show that they were expecting their first child via gestational carrier. On August 29, 2012, the couple welcomed a son, Edward Duke Rancic, in Denver, Colorado.
- Rancic, Bill (2004). You're Hired: How to Succeed in Business and Life from the Winner of The Apprentice. HarperBusiness. ISBN 978-0060765415.
- Rancic, Bill (2005). Beyond the Lemonade Stand. Razorbill. ISBN 1595141030.
- Rancic, Giuliana; Rancic, Bill (2010). I Do, Now What?: Secrets, Stories, and Advice from a Madly-in-Love Couple. Ballantine Books. ISBN 978-0345524997.
- Rancic, Bill (2016). First Light. Putnam. ISBN 978-1101982273.
- "Bill Rancic Biography". TV Guide. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "Bill Rancic Croatian-American, Finalist on The Apprentice"; accessed February 5, 2016. (Croatian)
- "Splićanin u finalu reality showa Donalda Trumpa!" [A Split native in the Donald Trump reality show final!]. Slobodna Dalmacija (in Croatian). April 10, 2004. Retrieved 2012-10-19.
U razgovoru za Slobodnu Dalmaciju, ranije ovoga tjedna, Bill Rancic je ispričao kako se njegov djed Nikola Rančić iz Splita doselio u Sjedinjene Države, te da i on sam planira posjetiti zemlju svojih predaka
- "Bill Rancic profile". The Apprentice Rules. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Bill Rancic biography". Tvguide.com. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Apprentice Bill Fires Self". E! Online. 2005-09-08. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- Bill Rancic In The Loop with iVillage Host Archived October 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "New to WMBF News: America Now". WMBF-TV. NBC. October 27, 2010. Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- Nicole Karlis (2012-05-17). "[INTERVIEW] Bill Rancic Rogaine Ambassador — Exclusive Deets On Hair-Raising Ads". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- Nudd, Tim (2012-04-23). "Giuliana Rancic, Bill Rancic to Be Parents". People.com. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- "Giuliana and Bill Rancic Welcome a Baby Boy!". E! Online. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- Goldsborough, Bob (January 14, 2011). "Rancic flips Mag Mile condo". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- Chicago Tribune staff (February 8, 2011). "Trump card: Bill and Giuliana Rancic's Hinsdale remodel". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- Goldsborough, Bob (March 18, 2011). "Rancic sells Hinsdale mansion for $4.6 million". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- Official Site
- Bill Rancic at the Internet Movie Database
- The Apprentice Rules Bill Rancic Bio
- Giuliana and Bill
- IVillage Official Website
- SupportSquad Ultra Fast Video
|The Apprentice Winners