This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
William Joseph Raymond
September 9, 1938
William Joseph "Bill" Raymond (born September 9, 1938) is an American actor who has appeared in film, television, theatre and radio drama since the 1960s.
Life and career
He is featured in the second and fifth seasons of the HBO drama The Wire as "The Greek", the mysterious head of an international criminal organization. Other TV appearances include Miami Vice, Law & Order, Third Watch, Ed and As the World Turns.
In 2015, Bill played Grand Albert in the kids TV show, Super Wings.
He played Ebenezer Scrooge in the Hartford Stage production of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol for 17 of its first 19 years, retiring from the role in 2016.
Raymond was also active in the early days of the R.G.Davis Mime Troupe in San Francisco 1960s. (see Davis, R.G. "The San Francisco Mime Troupe:The First Ten Years." Ramparts, Palo Alto 1975)
Raymond has played the character T.J. Teru, archeologist on Summa Nulla, in all 13 chapters of the ZBS Foundation's audio series, Ruby the Galactic Gumshoe, produced from 1982 to 2018. Raymond has appeared in other ZBS productions as well, including Saratoga Springs, Saratoga Fat Cats, Do That in Real Life? and the audio adaptation of Dinotopia.
- "Bill Raymond as The Greek". HBO. 2007. Archived from the original on 29 January 2008. Retrieved January 29, 2008.
- The Cobblestone Corridor, 2016-10-16, retrieved 2016-07-27
- 'Sopranos' Star Goes Crazy over 'Foreclosure'
- Haunted ‘Foreclosure’ This February
- Urban, Cori (November 16, 2016). "Veteran 'Scrooge' Bill Raymond taking final bow in 'Christmas Carol' at Hartford Stage". The Republican. Retrieved April 16, 2017.
- "Veteran 'Scrooge' Bill Raymond taking final bow in 'Christmas Carol' at Hartford Stage". masslive.com. Retrieved 2017-12-16.
- "WorldCat records for Bill Raymond". WorldCat. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
|This article about an American television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|