||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||William Joseph Raymond
September 9, 1938
San Francisco, California, U.S.
William Joseph "Bill" Raymond (born September 9, 1938) is an American actor who has appeared in film, television and theatre since the 1960s.
Life and career
He is featured in the second and fifth seasons of the HBO drama The Wire as "The Greek", the mysterious head of an international criminal organization. Other TV appearances include Miami Vice, Law & Order, Third Watch, Ed and As the World Turns.
He has played Ebenezer Scrooge in the Hartford Stage production of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol for over a decade.
Raymond was also active in the early days of the R.G.Davis Mime Troupe in San Francisco 1960s. (see Davis, R.G. "The San Francisco Mime Troupe:The First Ten Years." Ramparts, Palo Alto 1975)
- "Bill Raymond as The Greek". HBO. 2007. Archived from the original on 29 January 2008. Retrieved January 29, 2008.
- The Cobblestone Corridor, 2016-10-16, retrieved 2016-07-27
- 'Sopranos' Star Goes Crazy over 'Foreclosure'
- Haunted ‘Foreclosure’ This February
- Urban, Cori (November 16, 2016). "Veteran 'Scrooge' Bill Raymond taking final bow in 'Christmas Carol' at Hartford Stage". The Republican. Retrieved April 16, 2017.
|This article about an American television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|