|Alma mater||Central Michigan University|
|Years active||1976 - present|
Bill Schwab (born 1959) is an American photographer known for his emotionally charged yet peaceful urban and natural landscapes.
Schwab's career as a photographer and publisher now spans over 3 decades with work in many private, corporate and museum collections around the world including The Art Institute of Ohio – Cincinnati, Detroit Institute of Arts and the George Eastman House. He has been a pioneer in the area of online representation and branding of his photographic art having successfully managed a worldwide collector base for many years as well as consulted with other artists and galleries on the subject. In addition to his work as a photographer, through his North Light Photographic Workshops, he facilitates classes in several photographic process a year at his northern Michigan facility as well as leads expeditions of photographers to Iceland, the Faroe Islands and more. Bill is also founder and host of the "Photostock Festival", an annual gathering of photographers, collectors and enthusiasts for workshops, reviews, presentations and demos.
Having been shown in many group and solo exhibitions in the US and abroad since the early 1980s, Schwab's work continues to become more widely known and sought after.
- Bill Schwab: Photographs (North Light Press, 1999 ISBN 0-9765193-0-5)
- Gathering Calm: Photographs 1994 - 2004 (North Light Press, 2005 ISBN 0-9765193-2-1)
- Belle Isle (North Light Press, 2011 ISBN 978-0-9765193-5-5)
- Waterside (North Light Press, 2013 ISBN 978-0-9885888-2-0)
- Schwab's site
- Detroit Metro Times
- RfotoFolio - Seeing the Beauty - The Photographs of Bill Schwab
- LenScratch Magazine - Bill Schwab: Belle Isle
- Bill Schwab's New Work Captures City's Twilight
- Bill Schwab's Detroit: Where We Used to Live
- aCurator Magazine
- Winter Garden Photograph Project
- The Northern Express - Bill Schwab: Mysteries of Light
- Photostock Festival
- North Light Photographic Workshops