|Full name||Bill Jackson Tchato Mbiayi|
|Date of birth||14 May 1975|
|Place of birth||M'Biam, Cameroon|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|2003–2005||1. FC Kaiserslautern||55||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:32, 8 December 2011 (UTC)|
Bill Jackson Tchato Mbiayi (born 14 May 1975) is a Cameroonian footballer who played as a defender. He played for Caen, Valence, Nice, Montpellier, 1. FC Kaiserslautern, Qatar SC, Al-Khor and Strasbourg and Sapins. Tchato represented Cameroon at international level, making 46 appearances over an eight-year period, scoring one goal.
Tchato began his career in France with Caen in 1995, and made 18 league appearances in his debut season which ended with the club being promoted to Division 1 as champions. He was transferred to Valence in 1996, where he made 69 league appearances and scored six goals over the next two years. In 1998, he joined Nice, scoring three goals in 70 league appearances during his time with the club. Tchato was signed by Montpellier in 2000 and he helped them gain promotion to Division 1 in his first season. He made 63 league appearances for the club before moving to Germany in 2003 to play for Bundesliga side1. FC Kaiserslautern. In 2005, he returned to Nice for one season and then moved to the Middle East to play for Qatar SC. Two years later, he joined Al-Khor. Tchato returned to France in 2010 with Championnat National team Strasbourg. A year later, having seen Strasbourg relegated due to financial problems, Tchato moved to Gabon to join First Division club Sapins.
He made his debut for the Cameroon national team in 2000. He represented his country at the 2002 FIFA World Cup, and the African Cup of Nations in the same year, which Cameroon won. Tchato appeared in two FIFA Confederations Cup competitions, in 2001 and 2003. He also played in the 2004 and 2008 African Cup of Nations, where Cameroon were defeated by Egypt in the final.
- "La fiche de Bill Tchato". L'Équipe. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- "Bill Tchato". Soccerway. Global Sports Media. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- Bill Jackson Tchato Mbiayi - International Appearances
- Bill Tchato. Racing Stub. 8 December 2011. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Bill Tchato". L'Équipe. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Bill Tchato Mbiayi". Ligue de Football Professionnel. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Bill Tchato vers la signature?". Foot National. 1 October 2010. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Arrivée de Bill Tchato au FC Sapins (D1), et contact "très avancé" avec Pierre Womé Lend" Archived 20 November 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Les Pantheres. 13 November 2011. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Bill Tchato". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Bill Tchato". Fédération Internationale de Football Association. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- Nana, Walter Wilson (9 January 2008). "Player profiles: Indomitable Lions". Africa News. Archived from the original on 28 September 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2011.