Bill Warren (businessman)
Bill Warren (born circa 1942), is a former corporate human resource executive with Rockwell International and former President of Monster.com. He is widely recognized as the founder of online recruiting. Warren was awarded the 1997 Employment Management Association’s prestigious Pericles Pro Meritus Award, an honor presented by EMA in recognition of being the founder of online recruiting on the Internet.
Warren is currently Executive Director of DirectEmployers Association, a non-profit consortium of 800 leading U.S. companies. DirectEmployers Association services include the JobCentral National Labor Exchange, an alliance with The National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA).
Online recruiting history
In August 1992, Bill Warren founded Online Career Center (OCC), the first employment site on the Internet. He remained president of OCC after it was sold to TMP Worldwide (now Monster Worldwide) in December 1995. OCC was renamed Monster.com and he was named president in December 1998. Warren left Monster.com in 2000.
- Christopher S. Rugaber (February 25, 2010). "Job Search Trailblazer Bill Warren, Former Head of Monster.com, Hopes to Do It Again". Associated Press. Retrieved June 10, 2013.
- "TMP Worldwide Dominates Ema's Creative Excellence Awards". Corporate-ir.net. 1997-01-21. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "JobCentral Board of Directors". JobCentral.org. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "What is the JobCentral National Labor Exchange". JobCentral.org. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- Eric Shannon (2006-12-28). "Meet Online Recruiting Founder Bill Warren". InternetInc.com. Archived from the original on 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- Ian Shapira (January 21, 2011). "New Web sites shake up job-listings industry". Washington Post. Retrieved June 10, 2013.