|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Billboard Brasil logo
|Headquarters||São Paulo, Brazil|
Billboard Brasil is a monthly Brazilian magazine launched on October 10, 2009, with a print-run of over 40,000 copies. It is distributed nationwide by Brazil's biggest distributor Dinap. The Billboard charts printed in the magazine and on its website are accepted as Brazil's official charts.
About 60% of the editorial pages are produced in Brazil, with the remainder being translated from the international edition.
Billboard Brasil follows the basic format of the American Billboard, featuring both Brasil Hot 100 and Billboard 200 charts, articles on regional and international music, as well as regional and international charts. The charts are done based on the Crowley Broadcast Analysis report, which monitors 265 radio stations around the country, and which already provided this service for the music industry prior to Billboard's launch. Brazil was the third country to launch a print affiliate of the American magazine, following Russia and Turkey.
Billboard charts are accepted as Brazil's official charts, covering airplay data collected by Crowley/Music Media from 14 different cities. The overall chart is the Brasil Hot 100 Airplay, which is also split between regional music - forró, Axé, sertanejo, pagode - on Brasil Hot Popular Songs, and pop music - both Brazilian and foreign - on Brasil Hot Pop Songs. Regional charts for each of the 14 cities are also given. The charts include:
- Brasil Hot 100 Airplay
- Brasil Hot Pop Songs
- Brasil Hot Popular Songs
- Brasil Hot Regional (by city)
Billboard Brasil was launched by Bill Werde, Editor-in-chief of the American Billboard magazine, in Brazil in September 2009. Werde expressed his appreciation of Brazilian music, and stated that Billboard would monitor the local market.
The first number-one song on the main chart was "Halo" by Beyoncé. Its first cover was Roberto Carlos, Brazil's best-selling music artist. In May 2010, "Tapa na Cara" (English: "Slap in the Face") by Brazilian duo Zezé Di Camargo e Luciano became the first ever national song to reach number-one song on the main chart, following six consecutive months of Mariah Carey's cover version of "I Want to Know What Love Is" holding this position.
The first number-one songs
|Brasil Hot 100 Airplay||"Halo"||Beyoncé|
|Brasil Hot Pop Songs|
|Brasil Hot Popular Songs||"Amor Não Vai Faltar"||Bruno & Marrone|
|Belo Horizonte Hot Songs||"Halo"||Beyoncé|
|Curitiba Hot Songs|
|Porto Alegre Hot Songs|
|Recife Hot Songs|
|Rio de Janeiro Hot Songs|
|São Paulo Hot Songs|
|Brasília Hot Songs||"Amor Não Vai Faltar"||Bruno & Marrone|
|Ribeirão Preto Hot Songs|
|Campinas Hot Songs||"Talvez"||Don & Juan|
|Salvador||"É Só Você Pedir"||Chiclete Com Banana|
- List of Hot 100 number-one singles of 2009 (Brazil)
- List of Hot 100 number-one singles of 2010 (Brazil)
- List of Hot 100 number-one singles of 2011 (Brazil)
- List of Hot 100 number-one singles of 2012 (Brazil)
- List of Hot 100 number-one singles of 2013 (Brazil)
- List of number-one pop hits of 2009 (Brazil)
- List of number-one pop hits of 2010 (Brazil)
- List of number-one pop hits of 2011 (Brazil)
- List of number-one pop hits of 2012 (Brazil)
- List of number-one pop hits of 2013 (Brazil)
- List of number-one popular hits of 2009 (Brazil)
- List of number-one popular hits of 2010 (Brazil)
- List of number-one popular hits of 2012 (Brazil)
- De Agencia EFE – 15 de Out de 2009. "epa - european pressphoto agency: Revista "Billboard" lança sua versão brasileira". Google.com. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- Brasil Econômico. Retrieved 02-01-2009.
- "Victor da dupla Victor & Leo é destaque na Billboard brasileira". Entretenimento.r7.com. 2009-10-16. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "OFuxico - Billboard ganha versão brasileira. Número 1 terá Roberto Carlos na capa". Ofuxico.terra.com.br. 2009-09-24. Retrieved 2010-01-18.[dead link]
- "Participe enviando textos, fotos e vídeos". Eptv.globo.com. 2009-02-28. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Billboard chega às bancas - Caderno G - Gazeta do Povo". Portal.rpc.com.br. 2009-10-14. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- BPP, ed. (March 2012). "Billboard Brasil Hot 100 Airplay". Billboard Brasil (28): 76. 977-217605400-2sw.