Billecart-Salmon is a medium-sized champagne house in Mareuil-sur-Aÿ, France. Founded in 1818 with the marriage of Nicolas François Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon, it is one of the few to remain family owned.
The Cuvée Nicolas-Francois Billecart 1959 won first place in the Champagne of the Millennium 1999, out of 150 of the finest 20th century Champagnes. A magnum of the winning champagne later sold for £3,300.
Billecart-Salmon was ranked tenth among major Champagne houses by Antoine Gerbelle writing for La Revue du vin de France. La Revue du vin de France‘s Guide Vert awards Billecart-Salmon two stars out of three.
- Billecart-Salmon Archived October 17, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Rose A. "Great news! The champagne won't run out" Independent (3 July 1999) (accessed 25 October 2007)
- Champagne Gallery: Billecart-Salmon Archived January 17, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. (accessed 25 October 2007)
- Les meilleurs champagnes de marques : le palmarès inédit Antoine Gerbelle, La Revue du vin de France
- Billecart-Salmon La Revue du vin de France
- Robinson J. Billecart Salmon Brut Réserve NV champagne (18 October 2005) (accessed 25 October 2007)
|This winery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|