Billion Soul Harvest
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
At least two global leadership networks have been formed to support the movement: the Global Pastors Network formed in 2003, with 800,000 members, and Billion Soul Network formed in 2007, with a membership of 475,000 churches worldwide.
Over two hundred church denominations now participate in the movement.
The emergence of the movement was influenced by Bob Jones, after he reported a supernatural encounter with God in 1975 where he was told to "Prepare the people, for I am going to bring a billion souls in one great harvest".
Global Pastors Network
James O. Davis
|Headquarters||Orlando, Florida, United States|
Mark Anderson, president|
John C. Maxwell, chairman
Elmer Towns, dean
|Services||education, networking and strategic planning|
Global Pastors Network, Inc. (GPN) is an incorporated educational, networking and strategic resource for evangelical leadership, founded in 2002 by Bill Bright, the late founder and chairman of Campus Crusade for Christ, and James O. Davis, founder of Cutting Edge International. Over the next decade[when?] GPN hopes to help five million churches to be planted and, in their own words, "win 1 billion people to Christ worldwide". It is based in Orlando, Florida, and boasts 800,000 members worldwide.
Mission and strategic approach
GPN's current mission is "Helping to network, train and focus the church for the fulfilment of the Great Commission". It has a goal of carrying out that vision to the extent that five million churches are planted around the world and a billion people are converted.
GPN offers curriculum to help church pastors develop ministry skills, Biblical knowledge, and spiritual maturity. It helps provide its members with information and networking on church planting issues, and provides resources for participatory churches.
GPN has a partner organization, Global Pastors Wives Network, that provides similar support to the wives of men in church planting and evangelical ministries.
- Mark Anderson, president
- John C. Maxwell, chairman; leadership author and pastor, founder of INJOY
- Elmer Towns, dean; co-founder of Liberty University
Billion Soul Pastors Conference
On January 31, 2006, GPN made mention in Time when it met with presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani at the Global Pastors Network Billion Soul Pastors Conference. A surprise guest, he said he depended on his faith in God and people in the 9/11 events. "Strong beliefs guide countries – and churches", he said. "I know many of the men who died on 9/11 came from religious homes where they were taught there is no greater principle than to lay down your life for another," Giuliani later added. Held on January 25–27 at Faith Assembly Church in Orlando, over 2,000 pastors and business leaders were in attendance. Bill Bright's widow Vonnette also spoke, reminding the assembly of her late husband's commitment to evangelism. Represented among the business sector speakers were Al Weiss, president of worldwide operations for Disney, and S. Truett Cathy, founder of Chick-fil-A. The network made plans to organize a Billion Soul Sunday, a day of worldwide prayer for a billion souls to be saved.
Billion Soul Sunday
On September 17, 2006, the Billion Soul Sunday event was simulcast via the web.
'Soul Millionaires' was scheduled for January 29–31, 2008, also in Orlando.
- "A Billion Souls: The Rise of Global Christianity | Lausanne World Pulse Archives". www.lausanneworldpulse.com. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "The Billion Soul Harvest Summit". www.breakingchristiannews.com. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "Pasco: Mountainous goal, mustard seed faith". www.sptimes.com. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- Walden, Susan. "VIDEO: James O. Davis Explains Billion Soul Network's Role in Great Commission". Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "Celebration of Thirty Years Of Global Ministry". www.christiantelegraph.com. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- Hylton, Hilary (Jan 31, 2006). "Rudy Heads South". Time. ISSN 0040-781X. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- Sahagun, Louis (February 8, 2006). "End Is Not Near Enough for Pastors". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "Herald-Journal - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "Christianity campaign aims high". Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "Synergize 4! Pastors Conference: Major Denomination and Fellowship". www.christiantelegraph.com. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- Neades, Daniel. "Ken Blanchard and World Leaders Conference". Christian Research Network. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- Noble, Barnes. "Soul Harvest: The World Takes Sides (Left Behind Series #4)". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- Noble, Barnes. "Revival Culture: Prepare for the Next Great Awakening". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "Billion Souls 2013 - National Day of Prayer & Fasting". Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- Walker, Ken. "Whose Billion Is It?". Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "Bob Jones Memorial Center". www.morningstarministries.org. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "About GPN". Retrieved 2007-03-31.
- Lillian Kwon (June 20, 2006). "Billion Soul Brings Harvest Initiative to Chicago". The Christian Post. Archived from the original on 2013-01-19. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- Lillian Kwon (October 11, 2006). "Waking up Christians to the unsaved world". The Christian Post. Archived from the original on 2013-01-19. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Billion Soul Tour". Archived from the original on 2007-03-30. Retrieved 2007-04-01.
- "Soul-million : Releasing soul-millionaires for God". Retrieved 2007-04-01.
- Ebony Windom (October 5, 2005). "Mountainous goal, mustard seed faith". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved 2007-04-01.
- "Global Pastors Network draws 2,000 in evangelism focus". Retrieved 2007-03-31.
- "Injoy - John Maxwell". Archived from the original on 2007-03-12. Retrieved 2007-03-31.
- "Global Pastors Network". Retrieved 2007-03-31.
- "Baptist Press - Global Pastors Network draws 2,000 in focus on evangelism". Retrieved 2007-04-01.
- Hilary Hylton (January 31, 2006). "Rudy heads south". Time. Retrieved 2007-04-01.
- "Billion Soul Pastors Conference Convenes All-Star Cast of Speakers". The Christian Post. January 29, 2006. Archived from the original on 2013-01-19. Retrieved 2007-04-01.
- Jody Brown (January 27, 2006). "Commentary and News Briefs". Agape Press. Retrieved 2007-04-01.
- "Business World Successfuls Share Secrets With Pastors to Evangelize". The Christian Post. January 16, 2006. Archived from the original on 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Billion Soul Sunday". Gpn.tv. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070210030247/http://www.soulmillionaire.org/. Archived from the original on February 10, 2007. Retrieved April 1, 2007. Missing or empty