Billion Tree Tsunami
|Billion Tree Tsunami|
|Location||Pakistan: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa|
|Key people||Imran khan|
The Billion Tree Tsunami was launched in 2014, by the government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), Pakistan, as a response to the challenge of global warming. Pakistan’s Billion Tree Tsunami restores 350,000 hectares of forests and degraded land to surpass its Bonn Challenge commitment. The project aimed at improving the ecosystems of classified forests, as well as privately owned waste and farm lands, and therefore entails working in close collaboration with concerned communities and stakeholders to ensure their meaningful participation through effectuating project promotion and extension services. The projected was completed in August 2017, ahead of schedule.
The Billion Tree Tsunami Project is driven by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s vision of green growth which ties in the needs for sustainable forestry development, generating green jobs, gender empowerment, preserving Pakistan’s natural capital while also addressing the global issue of climate change.
The Billion Tree Tsunami covers the whole province of KPK.
|Central-Southern Forest Region-I Peshawar|
|Northern Forest Region-II Abbottabad||
|Northern Forest Region-III Malakand|
10 Billion Tree Tsunami
- Billion Tree Campaign, a UNEP call to plant billions of trees.
- Plant for Pakistan, a followup reforestation project.
- "Pakistan's Billion Tree Tsunami restores 350,000 hectares of forests and degraded land to surpass Bonn Challenge commitment". International Union for Conservation of Nature. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- "Pakistan (KPK)". Bonn Challenge. International Union for Conservation of Nature. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- "About Billion Tree Tsunami Afforestation Project". Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- Hutt, Rosamond (2 July 2018). "Pakistan has planted over a billion trees". World Economic Forum.
- "Billion Tree Tsunami Afforestation Project – Country's largest plantation drive". Forestry, Environment & Wildlife Department, KP. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- "10 Billion Tree Tsunami drive launched". The Nation. 3 September 2018.
- "Billion Tree Tsunami; making KPK Greener and Pakistan brighter". Trends Of Pakistan. 28 March 2018. Retrieved 21 October 2018.