Billund Kommune is a municipality (Danish, kommune) in Region of Southern Denmark in the center of the Jutland Peninsula of Denmark. Formerly the municipality belonged to Ribe County. The new, merged municipality covers an area of 540.18 km², and has a total population of 26,172 (2010). Its mayor is Ib Kristensen, a member of the Venstre (Liberal Party) political party. The site of its municipal council is the town of Grindsted, which is the largest town in the municipality followed by the city of Billund.
On January 1, 2007 due to Kommunalreformen ("The Municipal Reform" of 2007), the old Billund municipality was combined with the former Grindsted Municipality and the part of Billund Airport that was located in Give Municipality.
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
- Billund and western Denmark
- Nuha Ansari, John D. Rambow, Denmark: The Guide for All Budgets, Rambow, 2002, Fodor's Denmark, 224 pages ISBN 0-676-90201-4
- Hogan, C.Michael, Egtved Girl Barrow, The Megalithic Portal, editor A. Burnham 4 October, 2007
- Billund municipality's official website (in Danish)
- VisitBillund - Official Touristguide - The perfect starting point for a good stay
- Lego braces for big changes, a July 2005 International Herald Tribune article
- Satellite image from Google Maps
- Trekantomraadet - Association formed by the six municipalities in the area: Billund, Fredericia, Kolding, Middelfart, Vejen and Vejle (in Danish)
- Region of Southern Denmark's official website (in Danish)
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|