|Florida Gators – No. 50|
|Career highlights and awards|
Third-team All-SEC (1935)
William W. Chase was a college football player. Chase was a prominent halfback for coach Dutch Stanley's Florida Gators of the University of Florida from 1933 to 1935. Chase was a native of Lakeland. A triple threat back, he was elected captain of the 1935 team. Memorably, he returned a kickoff ninety-eight yards against Ole Miss in 1934. He was third-team AP All-SEC.
- McEwen, Tom, The Gators: A Story of Florida Football, The Strode Publishers, Huntsville, Alabama (1974) pp. 110-111
- "Alton Brown, Star Center, Also Honored". The Evening Independent. December 15, 1934.
- The Blue Book of College Athletics. 1935. p. 17.
- 2015 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Archived December 8, 2015, at the Wayback Machine, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida (2015).
- "The 1935 All-Southeastern Eleven". The Evening Independent. December 4, 1935.
|This biographical article relating to a college football player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|