|Full name||Billy Roy Conway|
31 January 1967 |
Wakefield, West Riding of Yorkshire
Billy Roy Conway (born January 31, 1967) birth registered in Wakefield, West Riding of Yorkshire, is an amateur boxer of the 1980s, who was runner-up for the Amateur Boxing Association of England (ABAE) Junior Class-B (48 kg) title against Joe Morgan (Enfield ABC) at The City of Derby, Assembly Rooms , Derby on Saturday 21 March 1981, and professional rugby league footballer of the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s, playing at club level for Wakefield Trinity (Heritage № 944), Doncaster, and Normanton Knights, as a Hooker, i.e. number 9.
County Cup Final appearances
Billy Conway played Hooker, (replaced by Interchange/Substitute Richard Slater) in Wakefield Trinity's 8–11 defeat by Castleford in the 1990 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1990–91 season at Elland Road, Leeds on Sunday 23 September 1990, and played Hooker in Wakefield Trinity's 29–16 victory over Sheffield Eagles in the 1992 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1992–93 Rugby Football League season at Elland Road, Leeds on Sunday 18 October 1992.
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1981 ABAE National Championship". abae.co.uk. 31 December 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- Hoole, Les (2004). Wakefield Trinity RLFC – FIFTY GREAT GAMES. Breedon Books. ISBN 1-85983-429-9
- Wakefield Trinity (1996). Billy Roy Conway – 1984–1996 – Testimonial Brochure. Wakefield Trinity. ISBN n/a
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Castleford Lock Lane, making an unprecedented ninth appearance at the third-round stage
- Keighley fall to French invaders
- Dragons slay Rovers
- Tigers get Doncaster fright
- Normanton Knights A Take Wakefield ARL Buildbase Cup
- Doncaster given scare
- Paul Mansson scored two tries to help Doncaster Dragons to a 36–8 victory over Hunslet Hawks
- Wakefield Trinity V Australia 1990
- It's Alright On The Knight