||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2015)|
Eichner in 2014
September 18, 1978 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Education||Stuyvesant High School|
|Alma mater||Northwestern University|
|Employer||Funny or Die|
|Genres||Improvisational comedy, sketch comedy, physical comedy, pop culture|
Billy Eichner (born September 18, 1978) is an American comedian, actor, writer, and television personality. He is the star, executive producer and creator of Funny Or Die's Billy on the Street, a comedy game show that airs on truTV. Eichner was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for "Outstanding Game Show Host" in 2013. He is also known for playing Craig Middlebrooks on the sitcom Parks and Recreation.
Eichner gained attention as the host and writer of Creation Nation: A Live Talk Show, a critically acclaimed stage show in New York. He also appeared on Conan as a special correspondent in original video shorts and as himself on Bravo's Watch What Happens: Live with Andy Cohen, Last Call with Carson Daly, The Wendy Williams Show, and Fashion Police with Joan Rivers, among others.
On August 5, 2013, it was revealed that Eichner would guest star in the sixth season of Parks and Recreation. Eichner's first episode aired on October 10, 2013. He stars as Donna's Eagleton counterpart, Craig Middlebrooks, who joins the Pawnee Parks and Recreation Department when Pawnee absorbs Eagleton. He became a series regular in episode four of the seventh season of the show.
Eichner currently stars in a Hulu original series titled Difficult People with Julie Klausner, and executive produced by Amy Poehler, The project was originally set up at USA Network. The series began airing on August 5, 2015.
|2008||What Happens in Vegas||Band Leader|
|2010||The Charlie Sheen Is Too Damn High||Timmy McMillan||Short film|
|2013||Glitter and Ribs||Taylor Swift||Short film|
|2014||The Penguins of Madagascar||New York Reporter|
|2015||Sleeping With Other People||SLAA Speaker|
|2016||Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising|
|2011–present||Billy on the Street||Himself||31 episodes
Nominated—Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host
|2013–2014||Bob's Burgers||Mr. Ambrose||2 episodes|
|2013–2015||Parks and Recreation||Craig Middlebrooks||17 episodes|
|2014||The Millers||Leon||Episode: "Movin' Out (Carol's Song)"|
|2014||New Girl||Barry||Episode: "LAXmas"|
|2015||Difficult People||Billy Epstein||8 episodes|
- Calhoun, Ada (May 15, 2005). "Hey Gang, Let's Put On a Twisted Talk Show". The New York Times. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "Team Coco Heads To The Superbowl! [sic]". teamcoco.com. February 3, 2012. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "Watch What Happens Live - Martha Plimpton and Billy Eichner". BravoTV. Archived from the original on October 15, 2015. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- "Last Call with Carson Daly". NBC. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "LaToya Jackson and Billy Eichner". The Wendy Williams Show. February 24, 2012. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "Billy Eichner". ucbcomedy.com. Archived from the original on October 22, 2010. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- Evans, Bradford (August 5, 2013). "Billy Eichner to Play Donna's Doppelganger on 'Parks and Rec'". Splitsider. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- Furlong, Maggie (October 10, 2013). "Billy Eichner On 'Parks And Recreation' – And Every Other Show Ever, Please (PHOTOS)". The Huffington Post. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- Shorey, Eric. "Billy Eichner and Seth Meyers Harass New Yorkers About The Emmy Awards". thebacklot.com. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- Kensky, Eitan (March 14, 2013). "Billy Eichner Is the Funniest Man on the Internet". The Jewish Daily Forward. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Kamp, David (November 2015). "Billy Eichner is Only Shouting Because New York Is Loud". Vanity Fair. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- Fallon, Kevin (February 12, 2013). "How ‘Billy on the Street’ Host Billy Eichner Hit the Mainstream". The Daily Beast. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- Peikert, Mark (May 27, 2009). "Billy Eichner: Gay, White, and Terrified!". Backstage. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "Billy Eichner". Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin. "Billy Eichner Joins Cast of ‘Neighbors 2’". Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- D'Addario, Daniel (June 6, 2012). "(Crazy) Man on the Street: Comedian Billy Eichner Will Accost You in Chelsea". New York Observer. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- Bierly, Mandi (December 19, 2011). "Billy Eichner's Top 6 Reasons To Watch 'Funny or Die's Billy On the Street'". Entertainment Weekly (Time Inc.). Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- Kandell, Steve (June 14, 2012). "Billy Eichner's Street Hassle". Spin. Retrieved August 21, 2014.