Billy Hector and Suzan Lastovica performing together at Big Danny's wake at Red Fusion, in Asbury Park, New Jersey, February 11, 2007.
Orange, New Jersey
|Genres||blues, Rock, folk rock|
|Labels||Ghetto Surf Music|
|Associated acts||Billy Hector Band, Fairlanes, The Shots|
|Website||The Official Billy Hector Website: http://www.billyhector.com/|
Hector considers himself a workingman’s musician. Hector was initially lured into the music world after seeing the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. He says it changed his world. He soon found himself drawn to the blues. Hector started taking guitar lessons at age 9, and later studied jazz guitar and music history at William Patterson University. Hector started playing regularly in a blues band in 1985. Hector has been producing albums for over 20 years while performing primarily in small clubs. Hector’s guitar style is a combination of Jersey Shore blues and rock n roll. As of 2013, his band consisted of Hector on guitar and vocals, Timmy Tindall on bass, and Dan Hickey on drums.
Hector received the Best Guitarist Award from music critic Bob Makin of The Aquarian Weekly's East Coast Rocker section twice. Hector is also the recipient of three Asbury Park Music Awards. The awards were for "Best Guitarist", "Best Blues Band" and the "Living Legend." Hector and his band were billed alongside for Bonnie Raitt at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's "Tribute to Muddy Waters". Hector has also played with the likes of B. B. King, Bo Diddley, Johnny Winter, Buddy Guy, Dr. John, and The Fabulous Thunderbirds but is most at home in small clubs. also in movie 'Hellhound on my Trail' backing Sonny Landreth, and in movie "One Way Out"–touring guitarist For Hubert Sumlin and Joe Lewis Walker
- 1988 [45 rpm single] Your Time Is At Hand / If You Love Me Like You Say (You Wouldn't Treat Me Like You Do)
- 1989 All The Way Live
- 1993 Wild, Wild Beast
- 1994 Cold Wind
- 1997 Hard to Please
- 2000 What Can a Poor Boy Do?
- 2001 Duct Tape Life
- 2002 Busy Man
- 2002 Undertow
- 2003 Stonehenge
- 2003 Out of Order
- 2005 Alive and Kickin'
- 2007 Hard Rockin' Blues
- 2009 Traveler
- 2013 Choice Cuts
- 2014 Fire Within
- Coyne, Kevin, Still Strumming and Rocking After All These Years. September 7, 2008. New York Times. Retrieved July 2011.
- Semet, Scott (18 Sep 2013). "Band of the Week: Billy Hector". Press of Atlantic City.
- DeMasters, Karen, "JERSEY FOOTLIGHTS; Album Party for Billy Hector", The New York Times, April 01, 2001. Retrieved July 9, 2011.
- Selzer, Hal B. Local Noise: Billy Hector – Stayin’ Alive. March 26, 2010. The Aquarian. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- Billy Hector Band. Jersey Shore Jazz Blues Foundation. Retrieved July 9, 2011.