||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Billy Mavreas (born August 14, 1968) is a Canadian cartoonist and artist living in Montreal, Quebec, Canada whose mostly silent or wordless comics revolve around the themes of language, sexuality and spirituality. He is of Greek descent from the region of Mani.
His posters, featuring otherworldly creatures, especially bunnies, influenced by the Psychedelic art stylings of San Francisco artists such as Rick Griffin and Victor Moscoso, figured strongly in the Montreal literary and spoken word scene of the 1990s.
- Mutations : The Posters Of Billy Mavreas, Conundrum Press, Montreal, 1997
- The Overlords Of Glee, conundrum press & Crunchy Comics, Montreal, 2001
- Inside Outside Overlap, Timeless Books, Kootenay, 2008
- Co-Founder of Expozine, Montreals' Small Press & Zine Fair
- Keeper of Monastiraki, Avant-Garde Flea Market
- Mail-Art & Concrete Poetry
|This profile of a Canadian comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|