Billy Preston & Syreeta
Billy Preston & Syreeta is a 1981 album of duets by Billy Preston and Syreeta released by Motown Records. Six songs were produced by Ollie Brown, and four songs were produced and co-written by Michael Masser. An expanded version of the album with 10 songs and 7 bonus cuts was released on CD in late 2013 on SoulMusic Records.
- "Someone Special" (Greg Beck, Ollie E. Brown, Renee Moore)
- "Searchin'" (Ollie E. Brown)
- "Just For You" (Billy Preston, Michael McGloiry, Ollie E. Brown, Syreeta Wright)
- "It's So Easy" (Carol Connors, David Shire)
- "A Long and Lasting Love" (Gerry Goffin, Michael Masser)
- "Love" (Michael Masser, Randy Goodrum)
- "One More Try" (Allee Willis, Lauren Wood)
- "Hey You" (Billy Preston, Keith Boyd, Jr.)
- "A New Way to Say I Love You" (Gerry Goffin, Michael Masser)
- "What We Did For Love" (Michael Masser, Randy Goodrum)
- "With You I'm Born Again" (only orig. LP)
CD bonus cuts
- "With You I'm Born Again" (US Motown 7" Single)
- "With You I'm Born Again" (instrumental)
- "Go For It"
- "Go For It" (12" mix)
- "It Will Come in Time"
- "One More Time for Love"
- "Please Stay"
- Billy Preston - vocals, piano, melodica
- Syreeta - vocals
- Melvin "Wah Wah" Ragin, Michael McGloiry, Mitch Holder, Paul M. Jackson, Jr., Ray Parker, Jr., Tim May - guitar
- Eddie N. Watkins, Jr., Leland Sklar, Nathan Lamar Watts - bass
- Randy Goodrum, Michael Masser, David Shire - piano
- Michael Boddicker - synthesiser
- John Barnes - keyboards
- Ollie E. Brown, Rick Shlosser - drums
- Steve Foreman - percussion
- Eddie "Bongo" Brown - congas
- Gary L. Coleman - vibraphone
- James Brown - saxophone, flute
- Arnel Carmichael, Becky Lopez, Billy Preston, Deborah Thomas, Ginger Blake-Schackne, J.D. Nicholas, James A. Carmichael, Jim Gilstrap, Josie James, Julia Tillman, Linda Dillard, Luthers Waters, Lynn Davis, Maxime Willard Waters, Oren Waters, Sylvia Cox, Syreeta - background vocals
- Harry Bluestone - conductor
- Jerry Hey - horn arrangements
- Michael Masser, David Shire, Barry Fasman, Ollie E. Brown, Sylvester Rivers - rhythm arrangements
- Gene Page, David Shire - string arrangements
|This 1980s album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|