|Birth name||William Hammond Talbot|
October 23, 1943 |
New York City, New York, United States
|Associated acts||Crazy Horse|
Born in New York City, Talbot started his musical career singing on street corners at the age of 14. He moved to New Jersey with his family the next year, and by 17 he had moved to Los Angeles. There, he befriended Ralph Molina, Danny Whitten and Benjamin Rocco. Together they formed a Doo-wop group called Danny and the Memories. After moving the group to San Francisco, they morphed into The Psyrcle, which eventually grew to encompass Leon and George Whitsell along with Bobby Notkoff. At this point, Talbot and his bandmates renamed the group The Rockets.
In 1967, the group met Neil Young, who at the time was a member of Buffalo Springfield. This meeting saw Molina, Whitten, and Talbot join forces with Young to create Crazy Horse.
Talbot began performing solo in 1999 at small venues, supported by fans of Crazy Horse. In October 2004, Talbot struck out on his own with The Billy Talbot Band, releasing the album Alive in the Spirit World on Sanctuary Records. In 2013, the band released their second album On the Road to Spearfish on Vapor Records.
In 2013 Talbot joined forces with Ralph Molina, George Whitsell and Ryan James Holzer to form the band Wolves. They released their first album Wolves EP on February 16, 2014.
- 1976 Japan tour
- 1976 European tour
- 1976 US tour
- 1978 Rust Never Sleeps US tour
- 1985 Australia/New Zealand tour
- 1986 Rusted Out Garage US tour
- 1987 European tour
- 1987 Life US tour
- 1991 Smell The Horse US tour
- 1996 Year of the Horse European tour
- 1996 Year of the Horse North American tour
- 1997 H.O.R.D.E. US tour
- 2001 South American mini-tour
- 2001 European tour
- 2001 Bridge School Benefit 9/11 Memorial
- 2003 Greendale North American tour
- 2003 Asia/Australia tour
- 2004 Greendale North American tour
- 2012 Psychedelic Pill tour
- "Memorable Music Hall of Fame". Memorabletv.com. Retrieved 2011-08-18.
- Selvin, Joel (January 23, 2000). "Young's Bassist Has Crazy Idea: Go Solo". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved September 1, 2009.
- "CD Review: The Billy Talbot Band". Glide Magazine. September 24, 2004. Retrieved September 1, 2009.
- "On The Road To Spearfish with Crazy Horse’s Billy Talbot". jambands.com. August 8, 2013. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- "Wolves". http://billytalbot.com. Retrieved April 14, 2015. External link in