|Died||1890 (aged 84–85)|
|Other names||Binak Alija|
Binak Ali Mulosmanaj
|Known for||Albanian Revolt of 1845|
Binak Alia (1805–1895) was an Albanian leader from Yakova Highland region. He is remembered mainly for his participation in the Albanian Revolt of 1845, and as a wise old man who helped resolving blood feuds in the area.
Alia was born in 1805 in Bujan, Ottoman Empire, in today's Tropojë municipality of Albania. He belonged to the Mulosmanaj clan of the Krasniqi tribe. He is mentioned as the Albanian Revolt of 1845, together with Sokol Rama (1790-1860) from the same village. The revolt was in the chain of Albanian revolts against the Sublime Porte and especially against Tanzimat reforms. The rebel were initially successful. They drove out the Ottoman garrison of Yakova. The revolt spread in the area of Reka, and in up to Deçan, with their number reaching 8,000. Ultimately the Ottomans managed to quell the revolt.
His name gets mentioned again during the Revolts of 1860, and specifically as a participant of the League of Prizren sessions, though at an old age. Mic Sokoli, a People's Hero of Albania was Alia's nephew.
- Kush ishte Binak Alia? (in Albanian), Gazeta Dita Online, 2014-08-28
- Bujani i Krasniqes - Haki Zllami (in Albanian)
- Robert Elsie (2010), Historical Dictionary of Albania, Historical Dictionaries of Europe, 75, Scarecrow Press, p. Introduction(vi), ISBN 978-0810861886
- Aleks Buda (1986), Shkrime historike, 2, Shtëpia Botuese "8 Nëntori", p. 18, OCLC 159894624
- Kryengritja e Gjakoves, Gjurmime albanologjike: seria e shkencave historike, 15, Prishtina: Institut Albanologique de Prishtina, 1985, p. 147, OCLC 866404541
- Theodor Ippen (1916), Robert Elsie (ed.), Nineteenth-Century Albanian History, translated by Robert Elsie, archived from the original on 2013-01-08,
he Malissors (mountain tribes) gathered under their leaders Binak Ali and Sokol Aram....The rebels comprised about 8,000 men...As such, the rebels all surrendered on 6 July.
- Muhamet Pirraku (1989), Kultura kombëtare shqiptare deri në Lidhjen e Prizrenit, Prishtina: Instituti Albanologjik i Prishtinës, p. 167, OCLC 21409391
- "Mbi ngjarjet, arrestimet, ndalimet dhe procedimet e ndodhura në vëndin tonë 24 orët e fundit 30.11.2014" (in Albanian). Albanian State Police. 2014-11-30.
banues në rrugën “Binak Alia”