|Alternative names||nokdubuchimgae, nokdujeon, nokdujeonbyeong, nokdujijim|
|Place of origin||Korea|
|Main ingredients||mung beans, meat, vegetable|
|Cookbook: bindaetteok Media: bindaetteok|
Bindaetteok(Korean: 빈대떡), also called nokdubuchimgae, nokdujeon, nokdujeonbyeong, and nokdujijim; literally "mung bean pancake", is a variety of buchimgae, Korean pancake. It is made by grinding soaked mung beans, adding vegetables and meat and pan-frying it round and flat.
Bindaetteok first appears under the name binjatteok in the Eumsik dimibang, a cooking encyclopedia written in the 1670s by Mrs. Jang, the wife of a public officer. The dish was originally prepared by frying a mixture of water-soaked and ground mung beans, pork, bracken fern, mung bean sprouts, and cabbage kimchi. This food uses honey for seasoning, and meat was put on the bindaetteok. Rich people ate meat and poor people ate bindaetteok. Therefore, this dish was called bindaebyeong (貧乏餅; literally "poor person's pancake").
- 1/2 cup mung beans, soaked overnight
- 1 large egg (optional)
- 1/4 cup cabbage kimchi
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
Meat, usually pork or beef, can also be added as an ingredient. In Korean restaurants, this dish is served with a small side serving of dipping sauce made of soy sauce, minced green onions, chili pepper flakes and some vinegar.
- "빈대떡" [bindaetteok]. Basic Korean dictionar. National Institute of Korean language. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- Korean Food Series (5th Issue) "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- Verdant San Francisco: Bindaetteok Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bindaetteok.|
- (Korean) General information about Bindaetteok[permanent dead link] at Doosan Encyclopedia: Encyber
- (Korean) Brief information about Bindaetteok at DAUM encyclopedia
- (Korean) Origin and brief information about Bindaetteok at empas/ EncyKorea
- Kwangjang Market: Delicious Charm Bindaetteok at Official Seoul City Tourism