|Birth name||Bindu Subramaniam|
|Also known as||bindu|
|Genres||Western music, Carnatic|
|Associated acts||Dr. L. Subramaniam, Kavita Krishnamurti Subramaniam, Bindu Subramaniam|
Bindu Subramaniam is an Indian/American singer-songwriter and pianist. She is the daughter of violinist Dr. L. Subramaniam, step-daughter of Bollywood playback singer Kavita Krishnamurti Subramaniam and sister of violinist Ambi Subramaniam. She began performing at the age of 12, and has since collaborated with Al Jarreau, George Duke, Stanley Clarke, Billy Cobham, Larry Coryell, Ernie Watts, Corky Siegel, Matthew Santos, Pandit Jasraj, Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna, Pankaj Udhas, Hariharan, and Remo Fernandes.
Her debut album was released in India 2011 and nominated for GiMA (Indian equivalent of the Grammys) in the category of Best Pop/Rock Album. Earlier, in 2010 she was part of the ensemble that won a GiMA in the category of Best Fusion Album. She is a regular performer at the Lakshminarayana Global Music Festival. She has received Honourable Mentions at the Billboard World Song Contest and was a finalist in the performance category of the Unisong International Song Contest.
In 2012, she was named as one of 12 Gen Next Achievers.
- "'Being L Subramaniam's daughter didn't help'". Rediff. 12 May 2011. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "We are family". Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "Time Music launches Bindu Subramaniam debut album 'Surrender'". 9 May 2011. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- Bollywood Hungama. "Bindu Subramaniam Launches Music Album 'Surrender' - Bollywood Celebrity Videos - Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "GiMA". Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- LGMF: LGMF 2012-13 Archived 15 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Security Check Required". Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "People - The Fresh List 2012". Retrieved 20 April 2016.