Bingol University was established as a new force to contribute to the higher education in Turkey, as decreed by Article 5662, enacted after its publication in the Official Gazette on 29.05.2007. In its inception, the university consisted of 3 faculties, 2 institutes, and 2 vocational schools. In time, the university has grown to have 6 faculties, 5 vocational schools, and 4 institutes. Besides, School of Foreign languages and of Health Sciences were established. The university offers all levels of degrees: two-year professional degree, undergraduate (B.A.) as well as graduate degrees (M.A. and PhD). Evidently, the university has been trying to be one of the most dynamic, advanced and successful educational institutions in Turkey.
In 2011 the whole Bingöl University campus was redesigned by the famous architect Günay Erdem, landscape architect Serpil Öztekin Erdem and landscape architect Sunay Erdem and took its current state.
- Faculty of Sciences and Letters
- Faculty of Economics and administrative Sciences
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- "PARLIAMENT PASSES BILL TO FOUND 17 NEW UNIVERSITIES". Info-Prod Research (Middle East) – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). May 21, 2007. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Bingöl Üniversitesi". www.4icu.org. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- http://en.bingol.edu.tr/about/history.aspx History
- "Bingöl University".]